2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

1stFour2Final4

Top Member
Feb 14, 2012
I get that VCU and many of y'all thrive on playing the disrespect card, but it's an 8-9 game in which the 8's top player isn't a stone-cold lock to be 100 percent. How much of a slap in the face is it that some people might be picking the 9? It's not like they're picking a 15 seed to win by 30.
And in all actuality...ME has not been a stone-cold lock to be 100% all season. At this point, I truly believe he will play to his capability. You can bet UCF's biggest worry is if he hits takes the floor. This is a tough 8-9 game, but know this...VCU has taken down bigger giants!

Last edited:

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
So I got to say while I like many are thankful the cmte finally gave VCU a game on the East Coast, a respectable seed esp after A10 results, and given ME the longest recoup time possible...I'm not sure I'm a fannof this matchup. Not bc of wishin for "easier" draw but the fact that no matter a team from a non-P5 will get bounced.

I know the argument could be said that pairing and spilting could lead to 2 non-P5s from advancing, so perhaps it does work better. It seems like I would much prefer a toruney where VCU knocks off a P5 and so does UCF.

Anyway curious about thoughts? Better paring non-P5 or spiliting? I think honestly there is enough "subjective" element to seeding that's either is possible within reason.
Also, means a non-P5 moves on. I do agree would love to have another P5 win on our resume. However, I think this a good selection as the tams are evenly matched and while non-p5/6 conferences neither are a traditional mid Major.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
Hard to really unleash a guy in the NCAAs unless we're not getting it done and MR has to pull something out of the hat. My gut tells me Gilmore will be the surprise contributor.
[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking we'll need him (and his 5 fouls) at some point to help out with Tacko.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hard to really unleash a guy in the NCAAs unless we're not getting it done and MR has to pull something out of the hat. My gut tells me Gilmore will be the surprise contributor.

I'm thinking we'll need him (and his 5 fouls) at some point to help out with Tacko.
[/QUOTE]
First order of business is stopping their guards, then play Mobley, Douglas and Gilmore on him while MSS guards their other big (understand they play two at once). That's 15 fouls to give on a guy that bricks most of his foul shots. There is more than one way to play efficient defense.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
My 12 year old son is excited to go to the Tin Roof for pregame festivities and cheer on his VCU Rams for his first NCAA tournament experience. I am molding a rabid VCU basketball fan. Kind of cool. It is almost.......Friday........

PS-This might be right up there with his carpool experience with The Experience Dougie Brooks in the snowbound UVA game. Hopefully this one ends better.

Last edited: