2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
I’m not optimistic about next year. We return everyone who can’t shoot. We’ll be better as a team overall, but unless we suddenly remember how to shoot again we’ll be back in the tournament shooting bricks for a second time in the first round.
With a significantly better seed, I'd bet. Get what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure we're primed for a monster year. Junior MSS might just be too much for anyone.

Ovis fan

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
If we went back to this time last year and were told that this year the Rams would win the A10 by two games, make the NCAA dance, but lose by double digits in the first round, most of us would say, “I’ll take that!” I feel bad for the team but I’ll sleep well tonight, especially knowing the future is very bright.

Dec 5, 2013
Come on guy . Mad for what. Our guys fought.Shots want falling. We are in year two of a rebuild. This team did great considering the adversity they faced.
Maybe you're right. I'm angry drunk right now.

Having said that, every game we've lost that I've been "ok" with, have been against teams that were better than us. Against teams that earned it.

This team didn't do shiit worth mentioning other than hit a miraculous % from 3. This was VCUs loss 100%.

Those are the games that upset me. heck, those are the things that upset me in my own life. When I don't work to my potential. And VCU wasn't even close tonight.

This was a 50-50 game, supposedly, and it looked like a JV squad trying their best. Just really bummed out.

AnnuitCoeptis

Top Member
Feb 22, 2014
I don't care if we lost to an NBA team playing our best. But we lost to a gimmick scrub team while playing like poop.

Completely different and I'm not sure I've been this mad at VCU in years. Completely unacceptable performance imo. SO underperformed I don't even know how it's possible.
A gimmick scrub team? Come on man y’all gotta calm down. It’s pathetic actually.

buckwheat

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I’m not optimistic about next year. We return everyone who can’t shoot. We’ll be better as a team overall, but unless we suddenly remember how to shoot again we’ll be back in the tournament shooting bricks for a second time in the first round.
You might be right, but I see no reason not to be very optimistic. Vince Williams is going to make a huge jump, and hopefully Evans will be healthy. We might not be the best shooting team around, but we will have a few slashers that are as good as anyone.

Tonight wasn’t our night, but we were very good this season. The A10 will be extremely competitive next year, which will help us in the long run.