2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

Dec 5, 2013
Wow coach. Epic choke. X2. No talent excuse. Seen predecessors do more than less. Coach looked over his head and incompetent during post season.
Another random nobody with 10 posts a year
This board needs to stop with these absurd analogies.
First off, I'm not the one who made the original comment. I was just explaining the meaning. Secondly, this board has a "absurd analogy" problem? Give us 5 examples.

And lastly, how is wanting the team that beat your team to do well a bad thing? Everyone should want that or else it makes us look even worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: DisplacedRam

SwiftyClown

Top Member
Nov 19, 2011
Feel bad for ME. You could tell he just didn’t have. Hope he has a great offseason to finally be able to work on his game instead of rehabbing
Watching the press conference now. Reporter said ME told coach he didn't have it tonight. Why did we play him? Gotta trust the next guy to step up.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Really great year that exceeded all expectations. Cutting it to 7 after being when 21 late showed a lot of grit. UCF hit key shots and and earned the win. I'm really looking forward to next year. Seeing Gilmore so upset at the end really hit me with all he went through in his college career. Glad he got to finish with us.

AnnuitCoeptis

Top Member
Feb 22, 2014
This team could have laid down and died down 21. Regardless of our shortcomings, the heart of this team should be appreciated. There’s a reason Rhoades won COY. He gets these guys to buy in. That’s a very encouraging sign moving forward.

We are two pieces away from being a second weekend team, and I hope that Mike can identify recruits that will fit. IMO, we need a rim protecting big and a shooter. We have the athletes, but we just need someone who can consistently knock down corner threes. I’m proud of the guys.

UCF is a good team, and they made shots tonight. That’s the NCAA tournament in a nutshell. If you’re hot, you advance (hello 2011!). Tacko gets the headlines, but they have a very balanced and well rounded team. I think they’ll give Duke a strong 30 minutes and make them work for the win.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
This blows but knowing that we were running into Zion on the first weekend does help. I love coach k but he's got deeper pockets than frank, just more standing with the ncaa. I think we have a 5 seed next year.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
Only made shots when it didn’t matter effort was there but I question the mental toughness s
Mental toughness was definitely there. When we were stuck at 24 well into the second half and we looked completely defeated on how to score against UCF's length, maybe I could see doubting mental toughness but then still finding a way to cut it to 7 with pretty much nothing going our way, erased any doubt of the team's mental toughness.

Nov 10, 2012
Watching the press conference now. Reporter said ME told coach he didn't have it tonight. Why did we play him? Gotta trust the next guy to step up.
Not sure to be honest. ME did do some good things. Sure it was good for his teammates too to see him out there. The kid is a huge competitor. He wanted to play in the ncaa tournament with this teammates. Yeah you can second guess it. Would it have made a difference to not play him? I don’t know really.

Reactions: DNB

AnnuitCoeptis

Top Member
Feb 22, 2014
Thanks, random person.

If havoc is called gimmicky, a calculating and effort-filled, difficult style of play, then what is a 7'6, slow, no-skill basketball player with 18 rebounds in a game called?
It’s called a player getting 18 rebounds. Tacko Fall is a complimentary player. There’s nothing gimmicky about a very tall man getting rebounds just like there was no gimmick pressing and forcing turnovers. Only uneducated fans said Havoc, which wasn’t revolutionary in the slightest, was a gimmick. It’s the game of basketball. We have undersized bigs, and the size difference was exploited. Identifying strengths and game planning isn’t a gimmick.

Im going to fit the word gimmick in here 20x at this rate but you get the point.

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Also, and again no moral victories, but Johnnie Dawkins is a poopty coach. He'll get paid but not who you want long term

Oct 31, 2018
Hard to win when you go through a shooting drought for as long as we did..... rough night.....but AMAZING SEASON!

Shout out to ME and MSS for laying it all out there tonight! Tough as nails.

Shout out to the army for fighting back and making it a game!

Shout out to the staff for giving VCU a defensive culture again!

Shout out to the fans that support this team no matter what!

Shout out for Gilmore for coming back home and being an amazing role model for our young team!

Next season has the potential to be special! Get the offense clicking over the off season like we did with the defense last off-season, and we have the making of a monster squad!