2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

rvaram

Top Member
Mar 26, 2012
Also, there's a little something different about the duke teams of the past couple years versus Greg Paulus and company. I believe Frank would call it the rookie minimum.

Reactions: SwiftyClown

waterssr

Top Member
Aug 15, 2012
Another random nobody with 10 posts a year

First off, I'm not the one who made the original comment. I was just explaining the meaning. Secondly, this board has a "absurd analogy" problem? Give us 5 examples.

And lastly, how is wanting the team that beat your team to do well a bad thing? Everyone should want that or else it makes us look even worse.
See below for two examples, not sure why you asked for five. It seems that every time something goes wrong, there are analogies regarding ex-girlfriends and spurned lovers. It is weird and my comment isn't far-fetched.

Dec 4, 2017
ooooh this begs for the.....old girlfriend comparison

The woman I used to be married to over 25 years ago left in a way that made me furious (she r-u-n-n o-f-t). I am now married to Mrs. Enonram and wouldn't trade her for any other. Granted, that other woman was someone I very much worshipped the ground she walked on. If she were to walk down my street while I was sitting on the front porch, I wouldn't stand up and applaud. In fact, if she turned up the drive way, I would send out the dog. All the prior is true by the way.

other woman = Shaka
r-u-n-n o-f-t = plane to Texas

Mar 5, 2018
This is beyond unbelievable as to all this dialogue and red ink. Sorry to be so negative, but this appears to be just as inappropriate as was the public negotiating a couple years ago. I think this is the exact opposite way to have dealt with this then and to deal with this now.

(Also, you do not need to use RED to stand out)

A thought, compare this situation to a breakup with a long term girlfriend. Do you hang around her during her next relationship? Do you criticize her and diminish her? Do you contact her family and friends and tell them she has gone downhill since your breakup and try to cause a breakup? Or do you move on and only praise her for being such a wonderful person with whom that you fell in love.

Dec 5, 2013
See below for two examples, not sure why you asked for five. It seems that every time something goes wrong, there are analogies regarding ex-girlfriends and spurned lovers. It is weird and my comment isn't far-fetched.

Dec 4, 2017
ooooh this begs for the.....old girlfriend comparison

The woman I used to be married to over 25 years ago left in a way that made me furious (she r-u-n-n o-f-t). I am now married to Mrs. Enonram and wouldn't trade her for any other. Granted, that other woman was someone I very much worshipped the ground she walked on. If she were to walk down my street while I was sitting on the front porch, I wouldn't stand up and applaud. In fact, if she turned up the drive way, I would send out the dog. All the prior is true by the way.

other woman = Shaka
r-u-n-n o-f-t = plane to Texas

Mar 5, 2018
This is beyond unbelievable as to all this dialogue and red ink. Sorry to be so negative, but this appears to be just as inappropriate as was the public negotiating a couple years ago. I think this is the exact opposite way to have dealt with this then and to deal with this now.

(Also, you do not need to use RED to stand out)

A thought, compare this situation to a breakup with a long term girlfriend. Do you hang around her during her next relationship? Do you criticize her and diminish her? Do you contact her family and friends and tell them she has gone downhill since your breakup and try to cause a breakup? Or do you move on and only praise her for being such a wonderful person with whom that you fell in love.
Lmao I applaud the dedication, honestly.

And to be fair, whenever I begin reading some obviously old-person rant (wife of 25 years), I immediately skip the post.

Regardless, I don't even care about this crap I'm just starting fights because I'm a sad panda. However I stick with the other dudes idea: I'd rather fUCF go far than lose right away.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
Hard to win when you go through a shooting drought for as long as we did..... rough night.....but AMAZING SEASON!

Shout out to ME and MSS for laying it all out there tonight! Tough as nails.

Shout out to the army for fighting back and making it a game!

Shout out to the staff for giving VCU a defensive culture again!

Shout out to the fans that support this team no matter what!

Shout out for Gilmore for coming back home and being an amazing role model for our young team!

Next season has the potential to be special! Get the offense clicking over the off season like we did with the defense last off-season, and we have the making of a monster squad!
Totally agree. Last year, defense was terrible. The staff made it a priority and man they achieved! Now the focus is in the off-season is to figure out how to keep that at a high level and ratchet up the offensive efficiency. They’ve earned my trust they can make it happen. As players mature, they become better shooters generally. I believe we will increase our likelihood of knocking down wide open shots next season.

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
Great season and a pleasant surprise as this team was definitely ahead of schedule. It was a lot of fun watching our guys grow and set the foundation for a very bright future. Unfortunately, our season ended the second Evans went down in Brooklyn. No reason to be disappointed about how things ended up because we all know how much different things would’ve been without Evans getting hurt.

There’s a lot to be excited about for next season!

Nov 28, 2018
Haven't read the thread yet but I will say that I am proud of the coaching staff and these players. To go from a lackluster season barely above .500 to playing in the NCAA tournament with a top 10 defense is no small feat. I hope these guys enjoyed the time they had and come back next year hungry enough to eat a Thanksgiving feast on a weekly basis.