2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

MarsAlienRam

Top Member
Nov 20, 2016
Still bummed, as I will be for awhile. But tomorrow, I will be rooting for UCF. Not because I am a fan or like them at the moment, but because rooting for UCF is “rooting for VCU” in a way. They are another mid-major clamoring to get respect from the P5.

Besides, if they demolish Duke and go on a deep run it makes our loss less bad.

UCFhonors

Top Member
Mar 18, 2019
I hope you post after the game regardless. You seem like a good guy and it would be interesting to see if in the unlikely(by my metrics) event VCU loses you stay humble or if VCU wins you aren't bitter. Either way, keep doing what you're doing; thus far, you've been a solid bball ambassador for UCF's program, even with all the silly spelling of words.
Biggest win in UCF program history???

Yes.

Absolutely.

After being here, I didn’t want to play VCU. You all are all too nice. While UCF has always been the Champion of the Underdog and Under-respected, the Rams have a special place in this UCFans heart.

I have told my UCFriends and UCFamily about you. That’s what the NCAA tournament is all about - exposure.

You people do your university Proud.

#UCFacts

Last edited:

UCFhonors

Top Member
Mar 18, 2019
Still bummed, as I will be for awhile. But tomorrow, I will be rooting for UCF. Not because I am a fan or like them at the moment, but because rooting for UCF is “rooting for VCU” in a way. They are another mid-major clamoring to get respect from the P5.

Besides, if they demolish Duke and go on a deep run it makes our loss less bad.
Thanks my UCFriend.

But there has always been 9 High Majors. And the A10 is a High Major. Don’t let the ESP5N Cartel change your language.

As Plato said, when the language changes so does the laws.

Be a Rebel. Be a champion. Like me.

You guys, VCU earned this UCFan’s respect and admiration.

#UCFacts

Last edited:

UCFhonors

Top Member
Mar 18, 2019
I think it will be a heckufa game either way, here’s hoping we do what we do and say nite-nite to the Knights!
Thanks for being an awesome visitor and we all appreciate it ?
Whomever is gloating or crying, I figure we’ll have a great discussion after the shots are fired:)

Go Rams!
Well said my UCFriend. Well said.

I’m a big deal. I have meals with the coaches. I go to practices. That’s because I am an honors college alum. I want to learn.

I need to learn.

You people, The Rams, have humbled me. Seeing this fanbase have shown me, that I can be better.

I can be more welcoming, nice, knowledgeable, and willing to share.

Those are Proud traits that I truly believe that you VCU fans Exemplify.

Well done.

You’re winning at Life.

#UCFacts

Last edited:

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
So after a good night's sleep......

Proud of our team. In our best years, VCU's identity has been about effort, intensity, and togetherness. This team has all those things in abundance. Good to have that back.

This hasn't been a good outside shooting team all year, and it caught up with us big time last night. With Fall in the lane, UCF didn't have to pack the rest of the defense in to stop MSS. With our lack of shooting, they didn't have to extend out to the 3-pt line, and so were in position to stop our slashers. With our best on-ball defender hobbled by injury, the defense just wasn't up to the task.

As a complete body of work, this was a really good season. The guys should be proud. I have no doubt they will be back even stronger next year.

Go Rams!

Feb 16, 2017
So after a good night's sleep......

Proud of our team. In our best years, VCU's identity has been about effort, intensity, and togetherness. This team has all those things in abundance. Good to have that back.

This hasn't been a good outside shooting team all year, and it caught up with us big time last night. With Fall in the lane, UCF didn't have to pack the rest of the defense in to stop MSS. With our lack of shooting, they didn't have to extend out to the 3-pt line, and so were in position to stop our slashers. With our best on-ball defender hobbled by injury, the defense just wasn't up to the task.

As a complete body of work, this was a really good season. The guys should be proud. I have no doubt they will be back even stronger next year.

Go Rams!

Excellent summary! With a healthy Evans that's a completely different game, I think.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Duke has great athletes but they can't shoot 3's. They get all their points in half court sets or in transition. For this reason, most opponents pack in their defense inside the lane.

Duke usually traps and pressures other teams in the half court and creates half court opportunities to easy layins.

UCF knows how handle pressing teams because they ball handlers and shooters. Tacko prettry much nullfies every easy layin.