2019 NCAA Dance Thread: BEAT THE KNIGHTS OF UCF IN COLUMBIA, SC

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
Even with a hobbled ME we had open shots. Opportunities were there but they weren’t seized.
I agree. I think ME's injury hurt more on the defensive end. Early on, he was able to defend the point well enough to keep them from getting wide open looks, but he just wasn't physically able to keep it up.

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2

Beirne

Top Member
Mar 2, 2013
Thank you so much Rams Army for a tremendous season. I had my worries early, but this has been a special year. Y'all played your hearts out, and we couldn't be any more proud.

From this point forward in the Tournament, I will be pulling for UVA, VA Tech, Liberty, and any non-P5 team in the matchup.
GO UCF!!!!

@UCFhonors - you are one heck of a special dude. I don't know how much of a "big deal" you really are or not, but in this forum you've sure seemed pretty cool to me. Do hang around, become a regular poster here, and keep us up to date with your program in the days to come. Unlike some Tourney losses of years past in which I don't have much respect for our opponent, consider me impressed by your team last night. I will be interested to hear where Tacko heads after the season, and how UCF moves forward. Don't be a stranger!

Feb 16, 2011
After watching this game in person, it’s clear to me that UCF is built more like a P5 team. Their players were bigger (excluding Fall), faster and stronger than us. They were the better team. A healthy M. Evans May have made a difference in the final score, but I felt like we were outmanned across the board. Great season for the rams. Now it’s time to hit the weights so we can step up in weight class.

Reactions: G-Man

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
After watching this game in person, it’s clear to me that UCF is built more like a P5 team. Their players were bigger (excluding Fall), faster and stronger than us. They were the better team. A healthy M. Evans May have made a difference in the final score, but I felt like we were outmanned across the board. Great season for the rams. Now it’s time to hit the weights so we can step up in weight class.
Every time Tacko sat, I’d say we need to make some hay going to the basket while he’s out, but that didn’t happen.

UCFhonors

Top Member
Mar 18, 2019
So after a good night's sleep......

Proud of our team. In our best years, VCU's identity has been about effort, intensity, and togetherness. This team has all those things in abundance. Good to have that back.

This hasn't been a good outside shooting team all year, and it caught up with us big time last night. With Fall in the lane, UCF didn't have to pack the rest of the defense in to stop MSS. With our lack of shooting, they didn't have to extend out to the 3-pt line, and so were in position to stop our slashers. With our best on-ball defender hobbled by injury, the defense just wasn't up to the task.

As a complete body of work, this was a really good season. The guys should be proud. I have no doubt they will be back even stronger next year.

Go Rams!
Love your type of fan.

A+++ Post

#UCFacts

UCFhonors

Top Member
Mar 18, 2019
Thank you so much Rams Army for a tremendous season. I had my worries early, but this has been a special year. Y'all played your hearts out, and we couldn't be any more proud.

From this point forward in the Tournament, I will be pulling for UVA, VA Tech, Liberty, and any non-P5 team in the matchup.
GO UCF!!!!

@UCFhonors - you are one heck of a special dude. I don't know how much of a "big deal" you really are or not, but in this forum you've sure seemed pretty cool to me. Do hang around, become a regular poster here, and keep us up to date with your program in the days to come. Unlike some Tourney losses of years past in which I don't have much respect for our opponent, consider me impressed by your team last night. I will be interested to hear where Tacko heads after the season, and how UCF moves forward. Don't be a stranger!
Your responsible for me starting this very important thread.

Watch this....

#UCFacts

Reactions: Beirne
Feb 16, 2017
Yep! Got my tickets for Cards @ Nationals on April 29. The end of one season marks the beginning of the next. I love this college basketball - baseball cycle!
Sandwiched in between is the Masters and the NFL draft followed by the Kentucky Derby.

Reactions: Beirne

RamsFan1974

Top Member
Feb 17, 2017
I know I will get tied to the whipping post for this but I can't take anymore. Between the game the obnoxious commercials I'm done.I am proud of the team for the season they had and I'm not going to put everything on this display tonight.what we are seeing is not us.
Morning after thoughts. I feel bad for bailing out last night. The team didn't give up and neither should have I. Since my first purchase of season tickets in 1974 to now VCU basketball has been such an enrichment to my life. Life lessons have been learned from appreciating the good times and dealing with the disappointing times. The good times have far outdistanced the disappointing ones and it makes me thankful to be a fan of a winning program. I have never left a game I attended early but last night was like watching an old friend get beaten up. Then throw in the "Phil", "free free free", "na na na hey hey hey" commercials, those hideous announcers, Fall's footwork worthy of a Dancing with the Stars tryout and I had to abandon ship. But I am especially proud of this year's team. They grasped the non glamorous idea of tough defense and combined that with just enough offensive talent to garner 26 wins. They should look back to the accomplishment over the entire season and hold their heads up and, not to get too dramatic, but know they were another one of the good times that has been 45 years of VCU basketball.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I think this team overachieved in the regular season but we should all still be happy with the results. I am very disappointed but not surprised. This team was not mentally tough. They could not make the plays under the big lights. They really did choke a lot during the year as evidenced by the second half collapses. But what a turnaround from last year! Jenkins, Evans, and van will all bring their inconsistency back next year. We will have another 20 win season but probably will not win a tournament game with these guys. They are good but not great. They lack the toughness to be the great teams. But you should still appreciate them for what they are which is a bunch of overachievers. Hopefully Mike realizes after this game he needs contributors who are taller than 6 foot six. What he has coming on board and the back court is an improvement now he just needs to find some front court help.
Well, I have my nominee for the dumbest most uninformed post of the year.