Recruiting 2019 Offers

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Not a huge fan to be honest.
Let me start by saying, I am going to ride with whoever the coaching staff brings in because ultimately, that is who I am going to hold accountable for the success or failure of the team.

Now having said that, I agree as Dunn is not a move the needle kinda guy for me either. If PJ ends up being what I believe he can be then Dunn wouldn't be the worst option to be a career backup PG(I would definitely hope with at least 5 spots we would bring a move the needle PG in 2020). If PJ is poised to be a three(or more) year starter and recruits see, believe or whatever that to be the case, it may be hard to bring in a move the needle guy in 2019. I previously stated I would prefer we focus on Two good bigs now and deal with PG in the spring( History says we will have an open spot and history also says there will be a good PG available in the spring/summer)

Here are just a couple of non Dunn highlights. I find videos wher the player is not the subject of to be more telling than personal highlight video's. People can look and make there own decisions

Dunn is #1 in Green

Dunn is #1 in Green

Dunn is #1 in White

Jul 30, 2014
Let me start by saying, I am going to ride with whoever the coaching staff brings in because ultimately, that is who I am going to hold accountable for the success or failure of the team.

Now having said that, I agree as Dunn is not a move the needle kinda guy for me either. If PJ ends up being what I believe he can be then Dunn wouldn't be the worst option to be a career backup PG(I would definitely hope with at least 5 spots we would bring a move the needle PG in 2020). If PJ is poised to be a three(or more) year starter and recruits see, believe or whatever that to be the case, it may be hard to bring in a move the needle guy in 2019. I previously stated I would prefer we focus on Two good bigs now and deal with PG in the spring( History says we will have an open spot and history also says there will be a good PG available in the spring/summer)

Here are just a couple of non Dunn highlights. I find videos wher the player is not the subject of to be more telling than personal highlight video's. People can look and make there own decisions

Dunn is #1 in Green

Dunn is #1 in Green

Dunn is #1 in White

I'll take #3 and Julian Newman in 2020

Reactions: Ramlove81

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I'll take #3 and Julian Newman in 2020
Newman, i'd pass on and I have been watching him for the past 6 years. I have seen him in person a lot, he plays for his dad and honestly no longer works as hard as he did when he younger.

Now his sister, I'd take her in a heartbeat

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
Newman, i'd pass on and I have been watching him for the past 6 years. I have seen him in person a lot, he plays for his dad and honestly no longer works as hard as he did when he younger.

Now his sister, I'd take her in a heartbeat

The kid would be lucky to go D1.....he probably will, at a crappy school, but no one can really expect any more than that.

Jul 30, 2014
I pray to god you are joking about Newman. That's not funny, even if it is a joke.....that's how horrible of a player that kid is.

Haven't seen him in a full game but he looks like the second coming of IT in his highlight videos. Why are you guys so down on the kid?

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Haven't seen him in a full game but he looks like the second coming of IT in his highlight videos. Why are you guys so down on the kid?
I have had the benefit of seeing him in person. I have seen a kid that couldn’t get a decent D1 offer and will be playing at a mid level juco this year own him in his own gym. Kid started with a ton of potential but he stopped working on his craft and bought into th hype in my opinion. Also, his dad who is his coach runs one basic play, give it to Julian and get out the way

Reactions: HTTRams!

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
Lol lets see

Hahaha I think the joke went over your head. Everyone, in their highlight videos, looks like the 2nd coming of something. The goal is to look at OTHER videos of him that are not created and marketed by his pops.

Reactions: TampaKAP