Recruiting 2019 Offers

Apr 15, 2018
Has a lot of boom/bust potential. A 6’6” kid who moves really well and will be a PG at Massanutten this year. Huge numbers and a lot of success in hs vs pretty weak competition. Best two offers are very recent. Until then he’s had low level interest.

I have confidence he is going to be very good and maybe game changing but I think he is going to wait until spring. If he blows up he’ll be much harder to snag.
Playing point at 6'6"?? Interesting. He could be a really good sort of under the radar addition. I'm glad we got him on an official visit so early.

Apr 22, 2009
Moulaye Sissoko just committed to Dayton.

MR continues to whiff....thankfully there is plenty of time!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
The name Sissoko game on the scene late for VCU. I do wonder who they are looking at for a big man. Kind of feel like it is Leveque. What is your guess?

We still have a grest shot at walker? Kenny isnord is still. If no bigs on our big board commit, i truly believe we will offer joel kabimba.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
The name Sissoko came on the scene late for VCU. I do wonder who they are looking at for a big man. Kind of feel like it is Leveque. What is your guess?
My WAG is that Mike has a firm commitment from Ant to go through with the OV/B&G game, that they are getting the right noises from him about us being very much in the running. I have zero idea what is happening with Leveque, but I do think he's a distinct possibility and the lack of noise w/r/t anyone else at this point reinforces that. And I think they'd take both of them.

My very fervent hope is that we get a commit from Seabron as early as today and then turn to the remaining bigs, with an outside chance that Etienne takes an OV with Ant next weekend. I was delighted to be on the Sysco Kid's cut list, but I never really felt we were seriously competitive for or pursuing him or Wahab all that hard. I think we've been all-in on Leveque and Ant all along.

Again, just my WAG. No intel at all here.

EDIT: Leveque has an OV at Penn State this coming weekend. Checking a box or saving "best for last?" I always thought South Carolina would be our biggest competition for him, but he didn't commit while there this weekend and every day that goes by is good news. Tuesday is a big commitment day though. I'll feel better after today

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Per jakeWeingarten says 2018 4* big 6'11 jason jitoboh just re-opened his commitment. Vcu big men coach Brent scott is now following him!!!!

Reactions: cabell
Dec 16, 2013
question - how many of our players have signed their NLI (national letter of intent) in early signing period in the past (this year starts november 14 and goes for about a week) and then starts up again in april 2019 for NLI.
I understand commitments are different and not binding
I am not overly concerned if we aren't seeing commitments now - seems we are shooting for some higher rated players then we normally land so it will be interesting to see can we land a good size fish (so to speak) - my sense is if you land one early then you have better chances to land others

Last edited:

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
question - how many of our players have signed their NLI (national letter of intent) in early signing period in the past (this year starts november 14 and goes for about a week) and then starts up again in april 2019 for NLI.
I understand commitments are different and not binding
I am not overly concerned if we aren't seeing commitments now - seems we are shooting for some higher rated players then we normally land so it will be interesting to see can we land a good size fish (so to speak) - my sense is if you land one early then you have better chances to land others
We have one more official visit lined up that we know about though I'm sure the staff is trying their best to sneak more kids in without anyone knowing. Anyway, it's not early anymore.

Reactions: SZQ VCU