Recruiting 2019 Offers

Mcuff

Top Member
Jul 27, 2017
Would be great to land someone soon but I am glad the staff is being patient. No reason at all to take players that are below the level needed to compete for at large NCAA bids. Still have plenty of time.

Reactions: mrgeode and 2012Ram

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Per jakeWeingarten says 2018 4* big 6'11 jason jitoboh just re-opened his commitment. Vcu big men coach Brent scott is now following him!!!!
Not gonna lie, this is an exciting nugget...this dude is ooozing potential...big boy...below the rim big space eater. Give him a year or two in a good nutrition and weight program and he'll destroy the A10.

Reactions: Ram Mania

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Would be great to land someone soon but I am glad the staff is being patient. No reason at all to take players that are below the level needed to compete for at large NCAA bids. Still have plenty of time.
Patience over Panic for darn sure.

Reactions: SWV
Feb 3, 2011
Patience over Panic for darn sure.

I agree way too early to panic but man it would be nice to hit on one of these big guys. I get it we are not Duke or Kentucky but just one big time recruit. It would be nice to show we can still pull a big time player over some power 5 schools like we used to in the past. #letsgoVCU

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
I agree way too early to panic but man it would be nice to hit on one of these big guys. I get it we are not Duke or Kentucky but just one big time recruit. It would be nice to show we can still pull a big time player over some power 5 schools like we used to in the past. #letsgoVCU
Yeah I think that's what we're all hoping for. Yet to be seen if the staff can deliver on that though

Reactions: Ramz22
Jan 1, 2010
Assuming we were after all these guys because they "FIT THE SYSTEM"
Are all the High Rated players gone 4&5* prospects?
Who's Left?
I liked this list below.

Out on Tyrell Jones

22 Remaining targets:
Point Guards
Shooting Guards:
Small Forwards:
  • #8, 5* Precious Achiuwa
  • #207, 3* K’Vonn Cramer
  • #227, 3* Calvin Felder
  • #248 3* R.J. Blakney
  • #292, 3* Michael Christmas
  • NR Dereon Seabron
  • NR Kenny Isnord
Power Forwards:
Centers:

Hops

Top Member
Insider
Jul 14, 2013
With each signing of players we are after, I am lowering my expectations for this class. I know we will sign some good kids, but am less confident we'll get the top kids we aspire to. Really hope I am wrong.

Reactions: 2012Ram

Recruiting Ram

Top Member
Aug 17, 2018
Out on Calvin Felder. We have 14 remaining open offers, and no known official visits planned.

Point Guards

Shooting Guards:
Small Forwards:
Power Forwards:
  • #215, 3* Mahamadou Diawara
Centers:
Last Updated 10.16.2018

Reactions: zackry93

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
We need some new names under the Power Forward and Center categories!
New names under those categories now may very well end up like Simmons, Nwankwo and Big Lew. Unless someone unexpected emerges, let's see what spring brings for 4's and 5's. There are always decommits and late bloomers in the spring that could be better than those available to us now.

Reactions: TampaKAP and 88RAM