Recruiting 2019 Offers

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
This is from Sept. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen this. VCU was in then as the belle of the ball. More suitors have come along, but we clearly have been in on him (with uri and temple I see) since the beginning. The list now has ACC, Big10, Big East and others. I think our staff has an eye for talent that is top notch.
Who is "bizzybones"?

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
At this point, Mike Rhoades can't announce anything regarding additional 2019 commits until they are enrolled at VCU. Spring signing is done.
If there is no one in the plans to be added, might as well toss Dylan a scholarship for 1 year

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I have no inside information, but piecing together things I do know, I don't think we have anyone currently "lined up" for the spot (as in already committed) but I do think they have target(s) they would like to close on in the next couple of weeks. I think we can look for a visit or two in the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: VCUBeatsduke

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
At this point, Mike Rhoades can't announce anything regarding additional 2019 commits until they are enrolled at VCU. Spring signing is done.
Yep, deadline for fall 2019 NLI's was May 15. For a student-athlete not under an NLI, when are they formally committed? When they enroll, first day they attend classes, some other milestone?

Edit: Found it on the NCAA.org web site. In D1, if a student is enrolled full-time, and either is on campus on opening day of classes or reports for a regular squad practice, then going to another school is a transfer and subject to the "academic year in residence" requirement.

Last edited:

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Then how did we know about Gilmore for most of the summer until he arrived and actually enrolled?

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Then how did we know about Gilmore for most of the summer until he arrived and actually enrolled?
You didn't hear it from anyone in the athletic department. You heard about it the same way you here about verbal commits - through the regular media and social media. VCU can't discuss an incoming recruit until they officially sign with the school or enroll and attend their first classes.