2020-21 Season Outlook

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
If all things remain constant, this is a good way to look at a starting point for building a lineup. What is not so easy to see is the ORtg to Drtg comparison which is a really good way to use the data. The first day of practice I would have

Ace - no data
Bones + 17 scoring
Jarren +21 scoring
Corey + 13 scoring
Hason + 26 scoring

Hason Ward
114.5​
88.4​
26.1​
Jarren McAllister
109.7​
89.1​
20.6​
Nah'Shon Hyland
108.5​
91.8​
16.7​
Corey Douglas
111.6​
98.6​
13​
KeShawn Curry
90​
92.5​
-2.5​
Jimmy Clark III
93.4​
96​
-2.6​
Vince Williams
90.7​
96.2​
-5.5​

Yes these are per 100 possession numbers and we play about 72 possessions per game. Assuming these players will play at least 30 possession a game, that is still a plus 23 point advantage per game

Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Ward will be a factor if he can stay out of foul trouble.....emphasis on if

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
During the Purdue game last year I said the season was going downhill. Asked to predict, I said we'd miss the Tournament and be subpar. I'm extremely optimistic about this upcoming season. I'm really looking forward to it (if it happens at all).
Good call. I kept thinking the offense would find a way to stop the having those long scoring droughts far too long.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Gettin more concerned with this season even being a season. Would be a Missed opportunity for growth for a lot of young players with great potential

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Gettin more concerned with this season even being a season. Would be a Missed opportunity for growth for a lot of young players with great potential
I think a missed season would actually be great in terms of development, in part because it likely wouldn't count towards years of eligibility, but would be a disservice to players, especially those like Bones who aren't considered lottery picks but are on scouts radars.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I think a missed season would actually be great in terms of development, in part because it likely wouldn't count towards years of eligibility, but would be a disservice to players, especially those like Bones who aren't considered lottery picks but are on scouts radars.
One thing about a missed season that is not great is what becomes of seniors in high school? Also, seniors will still take online classes as will underclassmen. A missed season has the possibility to become insane when it comes to transfers and guys going pro in 2021-22. Eligibility versus academic class will be staggered.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
One thing about a missed season that is not great is what becomes of seniors in high school? Also, seniors will still take online classes as will underclassmen. A missed season has the possibility to become insane when it comes to transfers and guys going pro in 2021-22. Eligibility versus academic class will be staggered.
I think the over abundance of players would be good for the sport. Even if the NCAA raised the scholarship limits, we'd probably see more quality prospects going to mid majors and low majors in pursuit of more playing time, creating more balance for a two or three years.

Mar 1, 2015
Some high school seniors this year had scholarships pulled for the upcoming year due to extending eligibility. Really stinks for them. I think if a current athlete misses a season then so be it. Unfortunate, but they still have a scholarship, access to facilitates as so on. Everything moves on.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Some high school seniors this year had scholarships pulled for the upcoming year due to extending eligibility. Really stinks for them. I think if a current athlete misses a season then so be it. Unfortunate, but they still have a scholarship, access to facilitates as so on. Everything moves on.
How about if it were his/her Senior/PG last season? So be it? Easy to say for someone with no skin in the game.

I do wonder about guys like Corey, he is getting long in the tooth to be treated like a kid. Who knows maybe they get an extra masters degree if they decide to stay.

Mar 1, 2015
How about if it were his/her Senior/PG last season? So be it? Easy to say for someone with no skin in the game.

I do wonder about guys like Corey, he is getting long in the tooth to be treated like a kid. Who knows maybe they get an extra masters degree if they decide to stay.
The most benefit for the most people. If being shorted is playing a sport for 3 years and a free education and missing a final year to play, right, so be it. Still a great deal and experience. Next up. To grant the extra year could totally eliminate the opportunity for someone else. The most benefit for the most people.
Or grant an extension. Bring back last year’s seniors, and tell 4 of the incoming freshman they don’t have a scholarship. Landing spots will be few. They have a gap year, maybe similar opportunities are not there the following year. If they are, someone else loses a seat, and so on.

just pull off the tape and have the only negative being losing a year of athletic eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: RamDaddio