2020-21 Season Outlook

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Interesting look at how the various conferences did at getting their conference games in. COVID-19 was not kind to the A-10, which was second only to the CAA in terms of least conference games played.

I went to the racetrack to get my first round of the vaccine today. I saw the Stop/Go Let's Go VCU signs the ushers use to direct aisle walkers on every table. It made me laugh.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
I went to the racetrack to get my first round of the vaccine today. I saw the Stop/Go Let's Go VCU signs the ushers use to direct aisle walkers on every table. It made me laugh.
I noticed that when I first saw media coverage of those events. I about died laughing. Unfortunately we don’t have those down here in Chesterfield!

Reactions: AlienAiden

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I am not a Chris Mooney fan, but found this quote from an interview with him on ESPNRichmond.com very enlightening.

Noah: What would it have been like navigating this season with a young, maybe largely freshmen group rather than this senior-laden team?

Chris: Impossible. There are so many things that young players [have to learn]. Conditioning, number one. Then the learning of defensive principles; the learning of how we play, what’s expected in the weight room, in school. Those are incredibly taxing things. If you interrupt that process, it would be almost impossible.

I think that puts into perspective the job Coach Rhoades and his staff have done this year. What one guy considers impossible, another uses to defy predictions and take his team to within one game of the conference title. Kudos to the team for stepping up under extremely difficult conditions, but I hope the job coach and his staff did all season long behind the scenes is recognized by the conference.
I think it also puts into perspective that Chris Mooney is desperately trying to find excuses for the Spiders bed pooping by trying to find/create mitigating circumstances that draw attention away from the aforementioned feces in the sleeping area.....yea Chris..."Impossible" is the exact right word for that unnecessary and oddly posed question. Also, Kudos to Noah for lobbing that one in there, what question was next?? What cologne did Pete Carril use?

I think Mooney is overrated as a Coach
I think Mooney is overrated as a Teacher (if that comparison has ever been made)
I think Mooney should stay at UofR as long as possible...what is he....7-20 vs VCU in his tenure???

Amazing how 2 seasons coaching at Beaver College and a single 3rd place year at Air Force has netted him millions and millions of dollars.

also, I figure Pete Carril spelled like Old Spice, Brylcreem, and corinthian leather.....possibly moth balls as well.

NCRam

Top Member
Feb 23, 2013
I think it also puts into perspective that Chris Mooney is desperately trying to find excuses for the Spiders bed pooping by trying to find/create mitigating circumstances that draw attention away from the aforementioned feces in the sleeping area.....yea Chris..."Impossible" is the exact right word for that unnecessary and oddly posed question. Also, Kudos to Noah for lobbing that one in there, what question was next?? What cologne did Pete Carril use?

I think Mooney is overrated as a Coach
I think Mooney is overrated as a Teacher (if that comparison has ever been made)
I think Mooney should stay at UofR as long as possible...what is he....7-20 vs VCU in his tenure???

Amazing how 2 seasons coaching at Beaver College and a single 3rd place year at Air Force has netted him millions and millions of dollars.

also, I figure Pete Carril spelled like Old Spice, Brylcreem, and corinthian leather.....possibly moth balls as well.
Wrong! I think he should take the Penn St job immediately! We need that rumor mill put to rest!

• Haha
Reactions: Half-baked Mcbride

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I figured I’d bump this thread because the title is 2020-2021 Season Outlook.

Unfortunately the season is over, but the outlook all year was great. On 26 occasions, a group of 18-23 year old basketball players were appointment television for me. They worked their absolute A$$ off all year. My heart breaks for our players and staff.

PS - I love that Coach Rhoades is our HC. He was very candid during his interview when talking about breaking the news to his players.

Last edited:

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I figured I’d bump this thread because the title is 2020-2021 Season Outlook.

Unfortunately the season is over, but the outlook all year was great. On 26 occasions, a group of 18-23 year old basketball players were appointment television for me. They worked their absolute A$$ off all year. My heart breaks for our players and staff.

PS - I love that Coach Rhoades is our HC. His was very candid during his interview when talking about breaking the news to his players.
Any video or audio of that interview? I didn’t get a chance to see or hear it.