2020-21 Season Outlook

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
While this sucks, this ultimately is the right thing to do during these unprecedented times and I hope the NCAA will follow suit and force the hand of all conferences soon, pushing all tournaments to late winter and spring. I know one thing that many conferences had been floating around has been ongoing covid testing of the athletes and staff, and while VCU has the ability to do this inhouse with the testing that VCU Health developed, it still costs money, and most schools don't have that kind of resource to mitigate costs which could make or break an athletic departments budget. I was just looking forward to some normalcy by being able to play with my bandmates again at these events, but for now I'll just have to continue annoying my neighborhood dogs whilst practicing the trombone.

Be safe, and Lets Go VCU!!!
Take a trip out to MDP and play with the dude who has been playing there instead of Leigh and belvidere, he is incredible!

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Relocated post previously placed in wrong thread: IF by chance we cannot have an out of conference, I'd LOVE to see a series of black and gold's done online for fans (even if it takes a special password to get in to view, for fans only).

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
If they delay the season or adjust schedules to be more regionally focused, it will be interesting to see what happens with the LSU game. My guess is Will Wade doesn't reschedule the game for next year, or any time into the future.

Mar 15, 2011
14 sick on Marlins mlb team 3 days after opening day. When this happens at college level it will break schedules. Sad but we ain't getting college b-ball

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
I am not sure what the goal is (I know flattening the curve was the original goal), but now I am not so sure.
This will never be "under control" until we have a vaccine. Until then, people will continue to get the virus. Not sure why this continues to be news.
There will always be the potential for flare ups and hot spots unless we all quarantine, which I don't think is possible either (on so many fronts).
No, I am not advocating we go back to "normal". But, hoping the spread will slow down or stop just because we wear mask and social distance is shear lunacy. I guess what I am saying is just because there are positive cases does not mean we stomp on the breaks again, it will not stop the spread.

I guess my question is, if there is not a vaccine in the short term, do we kiss all of this good bye? Will we follow these protocols for one year, 5 years, 10 years? The virus will always be with us if that is the case. It will not not magically disappear no matter how many precautions we take.

Reactions: PuddinDaStunna

SteveMM

Top Member
Feb 1, 2016
But, hoping the spread will slow down or stop just because we wear mask and social distance is shear lunacy.
The problem is that not everyone is wearing masks. Not everyone is being sensible about this thing and not having big parties or gathering in large crowds. Yes, even with 100% mask usage and no large crowds, the virus would still be here, but it wouldn't have as many places to spread.

With all of that said, you're right -- it's not going away until there's a vaccine. I remain cautiously optimistic that one or more of the four vaccine candidates out there will be the one that slows this thing.

Reactions: RamLover