2020-21 Season Outlook

SpiderRAM

Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I keep scanning the web for some positive stories about VCU...........nothing. We hardly rate a mention when discussing the A10 conference.
2011 seems like a lifetime ago. My Final 4 hat is fading away. Assuming we play with fans, I'm sure our sell out string will come to an end.
The school moved too fast and settled on Rhoades. I'm afraid the best we can hope for under his direction is mediocrity. Maybe an occasional win over Richmond or ODU..........whoop-de-doo!
I don’t think there will be fans.

Jan 17, 2010
Do you think the offense could use a point forward at times to allow Bones to play off the ball?
I would definitely expect more high low passes from Bacon because he clearly knows how to pass and two we finally have a legit 7 footer to tower over a defense and see the court.

I don’t want to see him and Stockard on the court at the same time because I’m still holding out hope Stockard will be a Grad Transfer. Otherwise bringing him on is a little bit of a head scratcher imo.

Reactions: Ramcounter

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I’m still holding out hope Stockard will be a Grad Transfer. Otherwise bringing him on is a little bit of a head scratcher imo.
I think it was Coach Scott that talked about Stockard in the Zoom Bingo night. He mentioned his Big 12 experience, NCAA trips, IQ and his soft hands. He also talked about his big game against Saint Louis (or was in Mass?) when Kansas State played them.

Reactions: SpiderRAM
Jan 17, 2010
I think it was Coach Scott that talked about Stockard in the Zoom Bingo night. He mentioned his Big 12 experience, NCAA trips, IQ and his soft hands. He also talked about his big game against Saint Louis (or was in Mass?) when Kansas State played them.
I’m pretty sure it was Saint Louis and it’s great to hear the coaches are high on him. I just would rather use the scholarship on a recruit this year. I think the veteran leadership is more needed this year as well because Vince/Curry/Bones can lead next year.

Reactions: AlienAiden

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
University of Washington is not across the bay from Seattle. It is 4 miles north of downtown Seattle.

And both Oregon and Oregon State are close enough to feel the impact of what's going on in Portland. And, I'm sure just like VA Tech and UVA fans in Richmond, there are many Oregon and Oregon State fans in Portland that make the weekly trek to see their school play football.
It is indeed across Portage Bay from the downtown area. but you're right, about 4 miles from the north end of downtown (Space Needle area, for reference).I was guestimating having made that trip several years ago.
And you do realize that the protests in Portland have all taken place in an area about 3 blocks square. Portland's a big town, very easy to aviod if you want to. Same in Seattle, very easy to avoid if you want.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
It is indeed across Portage Bay from the downtown area. but you're right, about 4 miles from the north end of downtown (Space Needle area, for reference).I was guestimating having made that trip several years ago.
And you do realize that the protests in Portland have all taken place in an area about 3 blocks square. Portland's a big town, very easy to aviod if you want to. Same in Seattle, very easy to avoid if you want.
do you work for the Pacific Northwest Tourism Commission?

• Haha
Reactions: Ramlove81 and Mcuff
May 1, 2009
Does anyone think Medley-Bacon might get a waiver simply that the season will probably only be half as long?
Doesn't he have to sit this year? If he has the talent to be a very good contributor for us, do we really want him wasting a whole year on only half a season with a waiver? Just asking, not making a statement.
I wonder if Levi will be eligible. If the season doesn't start until January, couldn't he graduate by December? Wonder how that would work out with him attending VCU but taking online classes to graduate from K-state. Or since he is here and practicing with the team, does that mean he has graduated already?

SpiderRAM

Insider
Aug 17, 2014
  • Wow
Reactions: SteveMM

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Looks like WE are what makes the difference between whether or not the season starts on time, and judging by UNC's news today and VCU's students obvious lack of responsible behavior as is evidenced by twitter and Reddit posts everywhere, well, we better learn to take care of ourselves and others if we wanna see some hoops on time, yall. Keep those numbers in control and we see hoops don't and we won't. Like everything else our destiny is in our own hands.

BREAKING: Info, here: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resource...atement-preparation-2020-21-basketball-season