2020-21 Season Outlook

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
They think every single DI team should be in the NCAA tournament. I guess it would be a bubble type tournament. It would mean that William & Mary finally makes the tournament! 😂
Well I guess it will be like the NBA where just about every team makes the playoffs. Not sure I like it. The P5's would likely be pitted against the bottom 150+ teams while all the decent mids (75-200) would all be pitted against each other for two rounds knocking each other off.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
If Coach K and the other ACC coaches are for it, I'm against it. There's no way it benefits the A10.

Reactions: JDI

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
This new 353-team NCAA tourney idea is 100% hot garbage! The whole idea absolutely sucks and will only allow the rich to get richer. This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen proposed in college basketball. Eff the ACC for proposing this BS!!!
Beats a 0 team NCAA tournament.

Reactions: rammad90

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
If Coach K and the other ACC coaches are for it, I'm against it. There's no way it benefits the A10.
How about we restart our tourney streak, we gain precious post season experience for your guys (players and coaches), and we get additional revenue for our program?

Reactions: LUVMYRAMS

MarylandRamFan

Top Member
Feb 18, 2018
I really like what the NBA, NHL, and MLB have down considering the circumstances. Each game feels normal even without the fans. In fact, I like not having fans at games. It becomes all about the game and the players; not about the fans. With MLB, no ignorant fans trying to catch balls in play. If done this way in college basketball it will eliminate the significant home court advantage that power conference teams have.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
I really like what the NBA, NHL, and MLB have down considering the circumstances. Each game feels normal even without the fans. In fact, I like not having fans at games. It becomes all about the game and the players; not about the fans. With MLB, no ignorant fans trying to catch balls in play. If done this way in college basketball it will eliminate the significant home court advantage that power conference teams have.
I have watched a ton more NBA then ever before since they started the bubble. It's actually a much better product than I thought.

More to your point though, I don't miss the fans at all. Honestly I've gotten to the point where when I can, I watch the NBA Above The Rim feed where you don't even have to hear the color commentators yapping about god knows what. Makes it way better.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I have watched a ton more NBA then ever before since they started the bubble. It's actually a much better product than I thought.

More to your point though, I don't miss the fans at all. Honestly I've gotten to the point where when I can, I watch the NBA Above The Rim feed where you don't even have to hear the color commentators yapping about god knows what. Makes it way better.
Go Heat!

Reactions: PRock

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Like 12, I've watched a ton more NBA from the bubble than I otherwise would have. I think the league should get very high marks for the design of the set and for the product they've put out. Some of the basketball has been absolutely engrossing. Most of it has been . . . NBA ball. Just not a fan.

For the NBA, fans are totally irrelevant to me. Most games are dominated by obnoxious loud music and fake pumped-in enthusiasm to cover for dead audiences. For college games, the fans are a big part of the experience.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM