2020-21 Season Outlook

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
The reason was that they did not want video of the scrimmage made public to opposing coaches.
playing Bill Belichick's advocate, couldn't they just send an intern or GA or someone in there with a VCU hat and a smile on and he could film it?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
playing Bill Belichick's advocate, couldn't they just send an intern or GA or someone in there with a VCU hat and a smile on and he could film it?
Sure. Better than handing it to them. It would be via phone because VCU approves credentials and it is illegal to record the games without permission.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I'm guessing this is because the MWC is being overly cautious?
No. The start date is causing a scramble for some semblance of an OOC schedule.
The NCAA’s revised college basketball start date that delays the beginning of the 2020-21 season until Nov. 25 creates a strain on programs as they attempt to adjust their non-conference schedules. Both conferences have numerous teams participating in multi-team events (MTEs) that are now rescheduling dates and locations based on the new NCAA season start date.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
No. The start date is causing a scramble for some semblance of an OOC schedule.
The NCAA’s revised college basketball start date that delays the beginning of the 2020-21 season until Nov. 25 creates a strain on programs as they attempt to adjust their non-conference schedules. Both conferences have numerous teams participating in multi-team events (MTEs) that are now rescheduling dates and locations based on the new NCAA season start date.
I see. I'm surprised they dont just push back the conference schedule a bit and thus the NCAA's move back a bit as well to more easily accommodate the non conference schedule if its causing that many issues with trying to fit in all the games

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I see. I'm surprised they dont just push back the conference schedule a bit and thus the NCAA's move back a bit as well to more easily accommodate the non conference schedule if its causing that many issues with trying to fit in all the games
They're not having to fit all of them in. As of now I believe there will be four fewer games. Having to reschedule everything and decide which games you're going to keep and which ones to get rid of must be a nightmare though.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Anyone notice what Mo Allie Cox did on Sunday? 5 - 11 for 133 yards in the Colt win over the Vikings. ! Awesome!
He had 246 receiving yards in his first two years in the NFL, and as you noted, he had 133 yards in this one game alone. I listened to this game on the radio and the announcers said that he and Rivers have developed an excellent chemistry together. I'm so excited for him this year. Go Mo Go!!!