2020-21 Season Outlook

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
Don't take my word for it here's Bones agreeing with his AAU coach to never send another player to VCU. Y'all lucky Bones likes Rhoades and the new guys. Look at his Twitter you see VCU MBB in his bio anymore? Believe what you want 🤷🏾‍♂️

Most of that nonsense that went on, and still goes on everywhere, is happening during a real life pandemic, during a turbulent societal and political time in this country, the world as well. Many who live life indoors might not know but Richmond area is one of about 20 cities nationwide that's been through 4 months straight of outstanding picketing and marching night and day, here. The city is crumbling down over 100 year old monuments to racism all AROUND our city, in the former capital of the confederacy where that intellect reigns supreme. The point that it is actually happening makes Richmond area one of the more progressive anywhere, and the people in it something to behold. Everyone's panties are in a bunch, everywhere. I speak for the majority here, that no fanbase is immune from having the kinds of people he experienced in their ranks, nor does the disgust the majority who are offended by these spoiled, slimy, rotten scumbags stop them from running off at their privileged mouths. There's literally little ability to change it, and there's NO running away from it. The real key in what happened with him nearly 2 months ago, was the strength and alignment of the fans who did speak up to denounce and confront it. The fanbase pretty much canceled a couple of people. EVERYONE has these misguided derailed people in their family, and some that just don't have their minds straight. I have them in my family and friend circle, too.
He is loved here. But I am gonna say this, what he experienced on twitter was a fraction of a taste of a MUCH larger issue worldwide many are living with day in and day out. And I think the fanbase did a pretty good job all things considered of kicking the nasty sht to the curb.

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Don't take my word for it here's Bones agreeing with his AAU coach to never send another player to VCU. Y'all lucky Bones likes Rhoades and the new guys. Look at his Twitter you see VCU MBB in his bio anymore? Believe what you want 🤷🏾‍♂️

He agreed that he shouldn't send a player to a school where they feel unsafe. That is a little different than the way you put it.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
$148 for MBB parking pass.
How many home games?
How many of the home games will allow fans?
If any fans are allowed it will be reduced numbers and there will be more than enough parking available.
Another example of the AD being completely out of touch!

Reactions: Wolfpack Ram

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
$148 for MBB parking pass.
How many home games?
How many of the home games will allow fans?
If any fans are allowed it will be reduced numbers and there will be more than enough parking available.
Another example of the AD being completely out of touch!
I agree with what you say. However, the athletic department charges this for one simple reason --- People pay it --- no other reason.
If you don't like the cost of something, don't buy it.
I have parked free for 15 years. I admit though some of those walks on cold rainy nights might be worth paying $148.....

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
I agree with what you say. However, the athletic department charges this for one simple reason --- People pay it --- no other reason.
If you don't like the cost of something, don't buy it.
I have parked free for 15 years. I admit though some of those walks on cold rainy nights might be worth paying $148.....
I’m definitely not buying parking this year.

It’s always been completely worth the price to me in past years especially getting to games at the last minute after work and for peace of mind.

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
I’m definitely not buying parking this year.

It’s always been completely worth the price to me in past years especially getting to games at the last minute after work and for peace of mind.
The area we park in, we've never had an issue finding parking, and returnign to the vehicle, there's VCU PD lining the streets, and a parade of people, we have great, memorable conversations with while walking. The school on Leigh st.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Most of that nonsense that went on, and still goes on everywhere, is happening during a real life pandemic, during a turbulent societal and political time in this country, the world as well. Many who live life indoors might not know but Richmond area is one of about 20 cities nationwide that's been through 4 months straight of outstanding picketing and marching night and day, here. The city is crumbling down over 100 year old monuments to racism all AROUND our city, in the former capital of the confederacy where that intellect reigns supreme. The point that it is actually happening makes Richmond area one of the more progressive anywhere, and the people in it something to behold. Everyone's panties are in a bunch, everywhere. I speak for the majority here, that no fanbase is immune from having the kinds of people he experienced in their ranks, nor does the disgust the majority who are offended by these spoiled, slimy, rotten scumbags stop them from running off at their privileged mouths. There's literally little ability to change it, and there's NO running away from it. The real key in what happened with him nearly 2 months ago, was the strength and alignment of the fans who did speak up to denounce and confront it. The fanbase pretty much canceled a couple of people. EVERYONE has these misguided derailed people in their family, and some that just don't have their minds straight. I have them in my family and friend circle, too.
He is loved here. But I am gonna say this, what he experienced on twitter was a fraction of a taste of a MUCH larger issue worldwide many are living with day in and day out. And I think the fanbase did a pretty good job all things considered of kicking the nasty sht to the curb.

I would further add that @Violet Ram posted an eloquent and extremely well written post here on the oft forgotten Recruiting subforum..

Again, well said Violet!!

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
The area we park in, we've never had an issue finding parking, and returnign to the vehicle, there's VCU PD lining the streets, and a parade of people, we have great, memorable conversations with while walking. The school on Leigh st.
Maggie Walker Governor’s School?
Thanks for the tip!