2020-21 Season Outlook

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Has anyone heard anything more about a streamed B&G game? Mentioned here yesterday

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Who knows? The A10 has not released a set of protocols. The Orlando tournament had a protocol that would cause the entire team to quarantine for 14 days I think. It appears that the strict protocols caused the bubble to unravel. Unless teams are on the same page this is going to be a big mess and teams will most likely not have the same protocols from conference to conference. I could be wrong but I feel like this is almost a handle it on your own type thing since the NCAA seems to be MIA.
That is disappointing to hear. I was hoping that I missed the stories that addressed the protocols considering the season is supposed to start soon. Seeing all the issues in college football with their roster sizes as well as only once a week games makes me worried about this year.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
That is disappointing to hear. I was hoping that I missed the stories that addressed the protocols considering the season is supposed to start soon. Seeing all the issues in college football with their roster sizes as well as only once a week games makes me worried about this year.
They may have released protocols to the programs but I have not seen anything shared publicly. The NCAA appears to be thinking of having a 14 day quarantine for any teams that has a player text positive. It looks like it is up to conferences how they handle games.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
They may have released protocols to the programs but I have not seen anything shared publicly. The NCAA appears to be thinking of having a 14 day quarantine for any teams that has a player text positive. It looks like it is up to conferences how they handle games.
Wow, so if a player tests positive during the conference tournament the entire team could theoretically be out of both that tournament and the NCAA tournament due to the 14 day team quarantine?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Wow, so if a player tests positive during the conference tournament the entire team could theoretically be out of both that tournament and the NCAA tournament due to the 14 day team quarantine?
Maybe so if that is what they go with. They have not made public any concrete plan that I have seen.

Reactions: Ramcounter

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
If college and pro football can carry through I see no reason why there cant be college basketball.
College football isn’t exactly carrying on considering some conferences just played their first games this past weekend (there were ranked teams with 0-0 records), and neither one has 355 teams and their associated logistics.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
I listened to that interview and it made me sad.
HA, yes same here. Sucks to have been looking forward to this for eight months and now that it's here it doesn't even seem like there will be an actual season. Oh well, will cross that bridge of disappointment when we get there 😑

• Sad
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Maybe so if that is what they go with. They have not made public any concrete plan that I have seen.
I guess I find it disappointing that there is this much uncertainty considering March Madness is supposed to start in roughly 20 weeks. Hopefully the conference won’t look back in the spring and regret not having more plans set at this point in the calendar.