2020-21 Season Outlook

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
Crowfield never had a chance to live up to his shooting potential because the coaching staffs basically played him out of position just about all of his career at VCU. Regarding last year, Crowfield basically played behind at least one player that wasn't even close to being the shooter he was.
I don't understand this at all. This isn't remotely true. He filled in at the point in a handful of spots, mostly when we were shorthanded. He rarely played out of position.

Reactions: Newboy and rammed

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
In other news, if anybody wants box scores from our trip to Spain four years ago, the statute of limitations is up on those.
You know that you guys usually put up a box score for the B&G scrimmage. I need something man! I am slowly going insane but my mask is covering my nose.

Reactions: N Mollen

CarNer0

Top Member
Feb 9, 2011
you can watch a replay here (if you werent aware) --

This is great, but when the heck are we going to come into this century with our media? Seriously guys. I know we aren't a big program with big $$$, but it's not prohibitively expensive to get decent equipment.

They're talking about streaming games this season and having people pay for access. Why would I pay for this quality? 720P, distorted audio, terrible looking scorebugs, etc. They've been streaming this quality product for the past 10+ years!!! Our games on local TV are frankly embarrassing productions quality wise. They only just (poorly) implemented replays a couple years ago. It's extremely frustrating as a fan who lives outside of the area now.

Reactions: SWV and islandram

Rams4Life

Top Member
Insider
Nov 20, 2011
The only thing I've ever been able to take away from these scrimmages is how our fans will use them to make wildly horrible takes.
Whatever man. Reco McCarter was a friggin all-star before, during and after the B&G scrimmage. Terrance Shannon played his way into the Japanese pro league during his only B&G scrimmage. This sh!t is real!!!

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Whatever man. Reco McCarter was a friggin all-star before, during and after the B&G scrimmage. Terrance Shannon played his way into the Japanese pro league during his only B&G scrimmage. This sh!t is real!!!
It's crazy to me that Maynor is the last NBA PG we sent up because every freshman PG since has been proclaimed the next Eric Maynor after their showings in the B&G game

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I don't understand this at all. This isn't remotely true. He filled in at the point in a handful of spots, mostly when we were shorthanded. He rarely played out of position.

Crowfield only logged 10.1 mpg his freshman year. He logged his most mpg in 2017-18 (24 mpg) and most of those minutes came at the point. As I recall, he also logged a good number of minutes at the point in 2018-19 because P.J. Byrd was in over his head. His senior year, he logged 16.0 mpg, but most were behind other seniors (as I mentioned in my post) that couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Specifically Vann.

So how is my statement not even remotely true.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I definitely agree that for a variety of reasons outside of his control, Crow played much of his career out of position. But I am not sure that Crow actually was the shooter we all thought/hoped he would be.

Shooters need shots. I'm not so sure he got the number of shots on this team to show what he could truly do. I definitely know he didn't get them his senior season. He had the second highest three point percentage last year behind Bones and Marcus Evans. His percentage was also 26 points higher than Jenkins and Vann. KeShawn Curry got more mpg's than Crowfield last year. What's wrong with that picture. Will Wade once called Crowfield the most fundamentally perfect player on the team. He was always where he needed to be, both on offense and defense.

Reactions: wavevcu and 80sRam