2020-21 Season Outlook

Finance Ram 10

Top Member
Jan 11, 2013

Early in the season and not ranked on his ballot but he considered VCU. That's an improvement from the projected 9th in the A10.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I have no idea what Seth Davis is trying to say here. But then, I have that problem a lot with him.
pretty sure this is his "also receiving votes" category for a poll in which only he has a vote. In other words, these are teams to watch for elevation to top 25 status

Reactions: cabell

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
The "almost famous" teams are teams he considered ranking on his top 25 ballot, but decided not to. Basically "receiving votes".

So, he didn't rank VA Tech after beating Villanova, but he ranked fur after beating a bad Kentucky team? I'm also assuming he ranked SLU? The guy is a joke.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
So, he didn't rank VA Tech after beating Villanova, but he ranked fur after beating a bad Kentucky team? I'm also assuming he ranked SLU? The guy is a joke.
LSU was unranked and Kentucky was #10. I know I know. It is too early but that is why. Also, UR was just outside of the rankings. Kentucky is young and UR is better right now but Kentucky will be good. UR did not even shoot well. If they had shot better they would have won by 20+

Reactions: Ramball

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
A lot of the AP Poll ballots I've seen rank Richmond, so it's not just him. Richmond had been receiving votes prior to this week.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

Tech just hammered South Florida to win the Air Force Classic. No question Tech should be ranked. The best team in the ACC right now.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
LSU was unranked and Kentucky was #10. I know I know. It is too early but that is why. Also, UR was just outside of the rankings. Kentucky is young and UR is better right now but Kentucky will be good. UR did not even shoot well. If they had shot better they would have won by 20+

I just saw Seth Davis' rankings. He has SLU at #19 and fur at #20. He still has UK ranked #22 and VA Tech not ranked, which is an absolute joke after VA Tech beat Villanova.

Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I just saw Seth Davis' rankings. He has SLU at #19 and fur at #20. He still has UK ranked #22 and VA Tech not ranked, which is an absolute joke after VA Tech beat Villanova.
AP is coming out soon. All those guys like Davis, Katz, Rothstein, Parrish and Goodman come up with their own takes but the AP is what counts anyway. Tech might be in but it has to do with how they ranked them in the preseason. It is tough to jump a bunch of other teams. This is why I wish they waited until the first week to rank teams. Is what it is though. I say that every year. Ha!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Has anyone else noticed that refs are calling travel on the step back jumpers this year? Bones was called for at travel when he did it the other night. This will be interesting because that is part of his skills package. I saw the travel called all weekend on the hop back move.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Imagine if they did this in the NBA. James Harden would be called for 30 turnovers each game. :lol:
Last year it was not called as a travel in college. If it was called it was not that often. Seems like they are calling it a walk this year.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
AP is coming out soon. All those guys like Davis, Katz, Rothstein, Parrish and Goodman come up with their own takes but the AP is what counts anyway. Tech might be in but it has to do with how they ranked them in the preseason. It is tough to jump a bunch of other teams. This is why I wish they waited until the first week to rank teams. Is what it is though. I say that every year. Ha!
Yeah, preseason rankings are ridiculous. Unless VCU is in the top 25, then obviously they're great and totally accurate!