2020-21 Season Outlook

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Dayton destroying SLU should boost our Net ranking somewhat?
Maybe, maybe not. If anything, it will bump up Dayton and possibly get them to a Quad 1 win for us at their place. I wouldn’t expect us to change much. Perhaps from 31 to 30 or 29 at best.

EDIT: Just after posting the original thought, I looked and saw that we stayed at 31. Dayton did make a jump to 80. If they could just get to 75, then both wins against them move up a quad and would look great. Dayton’s double OT loss at Rhody earlier this week may be the difference.

Last edited:

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Just win our next 6 games and we’re a 5 seed IMO.
Let’s just win today first.

We’ve played several high level, intense games in a row. I thought our guys looked a bit tired at the end of the Richmond game, mentally as much as physically. Mason is the type of opponent that is good enough to beat us if we aren’t all there mentally and emotionally, especially with two big games on tap for us next week.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Let’s just win today first.

We’ve played several high level, intense games in a row. I thought our guys looked a bit tired at the end of the Richmond game, mentally as much as physically. Mason is the type of opponent that is good enough to beat us if we aren’t all there mentally and emotionally, especially with two big games on tap for us next week.
Of note, Mason's last three games have been canceled. The last time they played was ten days ago against Fordham.

Reactions: Newboy

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Of note, Mason's last three games have been canceled. The last time they played was ten days ago against Fordham.
So, are they well-rested or are they rusty? Won’t know the answer until the game starts. Here’s to hoping they have dead legs like UR did on Wednesday night.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Here are changes. Duquesne put them on their website. No changed games for VCU.

—————————————-
Here is a complete list of the schedule changes announced by the Atlantic 10:

Tuesday, February 23
UMass @ Richmond – TBD
Saint Louis @ VCU – 6:00pm (CBSSN)

Wednesday, February 24
George Washington @ George Mason – TBD
Dayton @ Saint Joseph's – 7:00 pm
St. Bonaventure @ Davidson – TBD
Duquesne @ La Salle – TBD

Friday, February 26
Richmond @ Saint Louis 7:00pm (ET) ESPN
GW @ St. Bonaventure TBD

Saturday, February 27
VCU @ Davidson – 2:00pm ESPN
Rhode Island @ Duquesne – TBD
La Salle @ George Mason – TBD

Sunday, February 28
Dayton @ St. Bonaventure – TBD ESPN
UMass @ Saint Louis – TBD

Monday March 1
Saint Joseph's @ Richmond – TBD
For NET and standing purposes, I’m hoping for:
RI to win out against GW & Duquesne (perhaps bumps our loss to them from Q3 to Q2).
Dayton to win out against St. Joe’s and St. Bony (probably bumps our win at home from Q3 to Q2).
Davidson to split with St. Bony and lose to us (this might bump our game against them down to Q2, but it helps in the standings).
St. Louis to lose to us and beat UMass (helps us in the standings).
UMass to beat Richmond and lose to SLU (helps us in the standings and fUR).

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
For NET and standing purposes, I’m hoping for:
RI to win out against GW & Duquesne (perhaps bumps our loss to them from Q3 to Q2).
Dayton to win out against St. Joe’s and St. Bony (probably bumps our win at home from Q3 to Q2).
Davidson to split with St. Bony and lose to us (this might bump our game against them down to Q2, but it helps in the standings).
St. Louis to lose to us and beat UMass (helps us in the standings).
UMass to beat Richmond and lose to SLU (helps us in the standings and fUR).
There’s actually still an opportunity for the road win at Dayton to become Q1, since they jumped up to #80 in the NET after beating SLU last night, but the right things need to happen. It would be a good Q1 win to have since it was a fairly impressive one, and Utah State isn’t going to make it to #50 now that they’ve dropped both their games against Boise State and only have two games left against #105 Nevada.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
It says, WBB

Oh and I muted that guy this afternoon when he posted the standings with UMass in first.
I’ve listened to the A10 Talk Podcast a few times. I think a lot of the contributors are knowledgeable with current A10 history (including Daniel), but a lot of them don’t know crap about VCU pre-MR era.

I understand if you don’t have knowledge of CAA era VCU, but I don’t think some of these guys know who Treveon Graham is.

Reactions: DisplacedRam