2020 6'8 ]PF Jaylen Haynes Visiting VCU some time soon!!!!

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
The tweet also makes it sounds like he's just swinging by. Def doesn't sound like an OV.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Mikeal Brown Jones recruitment started with an unofficial drop by visit last spring. Just after he de-committed from Penn st.
And it took him what, 14 months to commit?

I get that's how a lot of recruitments begin. But isn't it kinda late for that type of recruiting process for '20? Also, I don't see why we'd take him over, say, Obinna. Seems like that position full for '20 barring a certified stud becoming available.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
And it took him what, 14 months to commit?

I get that's how a lot of recruitments begin. But isn't it kinda late for that type of recruiting process for '20? Also, I don't see why we'd take him over, say, Obinna. Seems like that position full for '20 barring a certified stud becoming available.
Our 2019 class didn't finish until late may 2020.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
His offer list consists of Mississippi St, Va Tech, UCF and for what it is worth, I did a quick check and and opposing coach said Haynes is tough. Not heard anything from our side.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
His offer list consists of Mississippi St, Va Tech, UCF and for what it is worth, I did a quick check and and opposing coach said Haynes is tough. Not heard anything from our side.
We offered Haynes awhile back but never kept tabs on him. The Gethro Muscalin and Martice Mitchell seem out of reach at this point.

The remaining bigs include Mounir Hima, Haynes and Mo Njie.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
This is right about the time regular commits happen, I believe.
Yes, and that's why I said it's kinda late to be starting the recruitment process.

Our 2019 class didn't finish until late may 2020.
It's amazing that, 1) we'll still be recruiting for 2019 next spring and 2) you already know when we'll get that final commitment ;)

Bones didn't commit until June. And that's why I also explained stud+positional need. I'm not sure if people knew Bones was going to ready to play ball in '19 this time last year. Also, we needed an elite PG, especially since PJ was on his way out leaving the position empty after this year.