Recruiting 2020 Offers

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011
Based on the player we chose not to sign...
So, you don't think Mike and his staff are worthy of their positions? Think about it, how many times have you seen that player live in games and the other players live action in games. It doesn't mean they won't make mistakes, but they are not recruiting as fans they are recruiting as professionals whose jobs depend on success.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
So, you don't think Mike and his staff are worthy of their positions? Think about it, how many times have you seen that player live in games and the other players live action in games. It doesn't mean they won't make mistakes, but they are not recruiting as fans they are recruiting as professionals whose jobs depend on success.
Like I said before, the staff has done a great job.
The class is fantastic. Hiwwever, I think I dont agree with cancelling the obinna visit. We are looking for 3 long versatile forwards. Obinna is probably the best of the forwards on the list. .

I believe alot of p5's missed on obinna. I think he comes back to make alot coaches eat their assessments.

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Like I said before, the staff has done a great job.
The class is fantastic. Hiwwever, I think I dont agree with cancelling the obinna visit. We are looking for 3 long versatile forwards. Obinna is probably the best of the forwards on the list. .

I believe alot of p5's missed on obinna. I think he comes back to make alot coaches eat their assessments.
Sometimes it's all about timing. Our staff recruited Obinna for a long time. He had plenty of opportunities to call our coaches and say he wanted to come to VCU. He was visiting, not necessarily officially, a lot of schools. He was playing the field. Nothing wrong with that but we had kids that were equal or better that wanted to come. We were in front of the curve and really hot on the recruiting tail.

I like Obinna but sometimes timing is everything.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Sometimes it's all about timing. Our staff recruited Obinna for a long time. He had plenty of opportunities to call our coaches and say he wanted to come to VCU. He was visiting, not necessarily officially, a lot of schools. He was playing the field. Nothing wrong with that but we had kids that were equal or better that wanted to come. We were in front of the curve and really hot on the recruiting tail.

Yes, timing is everything

Speaking of which...

Uconn just signed a great player so Cam cancelled his visit. The vcu coaching staff was attending an oak hill open gym last week. Maybe they are making a hard charge at Cam?

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010

Or maybe the see something in someone else, or don't like something about Obinna relative to the direction they are headed and the talent they have. We all know that fit in most cases beats talent.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Coach Beyers (don't want to use his initials) told me they're selectively, slowly and carefully looking at just big men now. Hopefully there's a couple of really nice fits out there.
Possibly 2019 Nigel John (reclassified 2020), Valder Manuel(2020 2nd team Juco all american), Mounir Hima 2020 6-11(7-8 wingspan) st benedictine in , Mo Njie 6-8 225 2020 pound rebounding machine.

Last edited: