Recruiting 2020 Offers

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I can understand why Mike is interested in him. He reportedly runs the floor like a Gazelle and has a nice bounce. He would fit nicely into our uptempo style. What I can't fathom is how he can be such a good 3-point shooter. I will find out more about that shortly.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I'll tell you this. Jamie Shaw, with Phenom Hoops Report, who I have a lot of respect for loves this kid. Shaw does a good job with North and South Carolina prospects. He see them many times a year. That is not the norm with many of the recruiting services. So there's that.
What's your read on Nnanna Njoku out of sanford hs in Delaware. Bones, Mikeal and Jahmir seem to know him pretty well.

He is my favorite of all the 2021 bigs because he is explosive around the basket.

The only big ahead of njoku for me would be franck kepnang.

My gut feeling is one of these 2021 bigs is going to re-classify to 2020.and take that 5th scholarship.

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
What's your read on Nnanna Njoku out of sanford hs in Delaware. Bones, Mikeal and Jahmir seem to know him pretty well.

He is my favorite of all the 2021 bigs because he is explosive around the basket.

The only big ahead of njoku for me would be franck kepnang.

My gut feeling is one of these 2021 bigs is going to re-classify to 2020.and take that 5th scholarship.
In terms of reclassifications I have no insight. Franck Kepnang is a top-20 prospect and I don't see him being a potential get for the Rams. Nnanna Njoku is another story. He is a 4* top 125/150 prospect from the Sanford School in Hockessin Delaware. Bones would know him well as they would have played against each other at some point. Hockessin is very close to Wilmington and has a rich tradition with respect to basketball. The thing you have to really like about Nnanna is he is already 6'10" and 250lbs. He's a man. I know Xavier has been on him pretty hard and Temple recently hired Monte Ross, the former Delaware Head Coach, as Associate Head Coach. He is very familiar with the kid as Newark Delaware is close by.

Hopefully with our newfound success in Northern Delaware, Philly and NJ we will have a good shot. We are recruiting him.

Last edited:

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I'll expect a full report on my desk in the morning. :-)
Well, as unlikely as it would seem, apparently Jonas does have a 3-point game. He shot 40% this summer. One recruiting analyst described him as having a "repeatable and pure form." Not that you need your 7 footer shooting treys but it could be a bonus. The word I get is that he is only 16, is still growing, is already an elite rim protector and rebounder and runs the floor extremely well. What he needs is more aggression, work on the body, and improving his motor. If those things come to fruition, the sky is the limit. Remember he is only 16 and is a 2020 recruit.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Well, as unlikely as it would seem, apparently Jonas does have a 3-point game. He shot 40% this summer. One recruiting analyst described him as having a "repeatable and pure form." Not that you need your 7 footer shooting treys but it could be a bonus. The word I get is that he is only 16, is still growing, is already an elite rim protector and rebounder and runs the floor extremely well. What he needs is more aggression, work on the body, and improving his motor. If those things come to fruition, the sky is the limit. Remember he is only 16 and is a 2020 recruit.
Do you hear that we have a chance? Oh, and any idea who the recruit was at the game on Saturday?

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Do you hear that we have a chance? Oh, and any idea who the recruit was at the game on Saturday?
I think we definitely have a chance if we decide to prioritize him. He's the top unsigned big in North Carolina right now and apparently on the cusp of blowing-up according to people that follow him. I know it's a bit of a cliché but every year between the early and late signing periods X number of kids blow-up. We are talking about 16/17 year old kids often just coming into their own. It has always amazed me how quickly this happens, especially with the bigs.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I think Mike and company are in an enviable position in terms of recruiting and the use of the last scholarship. Having inked four (First Choice) prospects they can just sit back, carefully target and cherry-pick that last piece. I don't think there is any question that the preference is a big if the right one becomes available to us.

I'm just glad we have a scholarship available to us. Interesting and exciting things often happen down the stretch after most programs have filled their needs.

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
2020 David N'Guessan, 6'8 PF, just received an offer from VCU. First page updated momentarily.
David is right at 6'9" now. He hails from De Lier in the Netherlands. This is his second year in the US and he is really exploding on the scene having adjusted to the physicality of the US game. He is a 3* with 247sports. His latest offer(prior to VCU), was DePaul and St. Joes and Mason are on him hard. His game is that of a stretch four right now.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
David is right at 6'9" now. He hails from De Lier in the Netherlands. This is his second year in the US and he is really exploding on the scene having adjusted to the physicality of the US game. He is a 3* with 247sports. His latest offer(prior to VCU), was DePaul and St. Joes and Mason are on him hard. His game is that of a stretch four right now.
Any word on whether we are still looking at mounir hima?