Recruiting 2020 Offers

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I am going to take a lot of leaps with my speculation here.
  • MSS and Hason have Mass. ties so that can’t hurt our chances
  • If VCU South(FIU) had him committed, I imagine our staff has had a lot of conversation with them about him
  • Music and Dance were big passions of his prior to taking basketball seriously (feels LS1 ish)
  • With a year behind MSS, Wop, and Big Has, I like what Coach Scott and Coach Rose can create.
  • I don’t care who you are, you can’t teach height and that is a trait he would bring with him
If the staff wants him, I want him.

Reactions: WI.Ram10 and SWV

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I am going to take a lot of leaps with my speculation here.
  • MSS and Hason have Mass. ties so that can’t hurt our chances
  • If VCU South(FIU) had him committed, I imagine our staff has had a lot of conversation with them about him
  • Music and Dance were big passions of his prior to taking basketball seriously (feels LS1 ish)
  • With a year behind MSS, Wop, and Big Has, I like what Coach Scott and Coach Rose can create.
  • I don’t care who you are, you can’t teach height and that is a trait he would bring with him
If the staff wants him, I want him.
Has is about 215, I wouldnt put him in same category as MSS.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
I’m curious if he is a legit prospect. We just offered Isaiah Richards, not that we are punting on this kid, but curious the new big man offer. I’m cool with a big for sure tho. I think the entire 2020 class is golden man. MBJ is dawg at 6’7-6’8, Watkins is a killer at 6’6-6’7, Banks is an underrated 6’5 bucket and Ace is a facilitator-extrordinaire. Add a 6’8+ with potential and that’s a class and a half

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I’m curious if he is a legit prospect. We just offered Isaiah Richards, not that we are punting on this kid, but curious the new big man offer. I’m cool with a big for sure tho. I think the entire 2020 class is golden man. MBJ is dawg at 6’7-6’8, Watkins is a killer at 6’6-6’7, Banks is an underrated 6’5 bucket and Ace is a facilitator-extrordinaire. Add a 6’8+ with potential and that’s a class and a half
We're still recruiting N'Guessan, but until your class is complete you keep recruiting. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that we continue to offer guys. Can't be left holding the bag when one you thought was yours gets away (and I am not saying we are that close with DN'G -- I have no idea)

Reactions: RAMification

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
We're still recruiting N'Guessan, but until your class is complete you keep recruiting. I wouldn't read too much into the fact that we continue to offer guys. Can't be left holding the bag when one you thought was yours gets away (and I am not saying we are that close with DN'G -- I have no idea)
Many prospects will decide this spring so we have time to make more offers.

TAEKWONDO

Insider
May 22, 2019
The A-10 next year probably won't have a team on the caliber of this year's Dayton, but with the returning players and recruits of numerous teams the A-10 could be stronger top to bottom than this year. VCU has four sophomores, as of now, and four incoming freshmen signed. Unless VCU wants to finish toward the bottom of the A-10 next year they need to fill the remaining scholarship(s) with a more proven player than signing another freshman. Does anyone believe VCU could be in the top of the A-10 next year if nine of our thirteen players are freshmen, and sophomores?

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
The A-10 next year probably won't have a team on the caliber of this year's Dayton, but with the returning players and recruits of numerous teams the A-10 could be stronger top to bottom than this year. VCU has four sophomores, as of now, and four incoming freshmen signed. Unless VCU wants to finish toward the bottom of the A-10 next year they need to fill the remaining scholarship(s) with a more proven player than signing another freshman. Does anyone believe VCU could be in the top of the A-10 next year if nine of our thirteen players are freshmen, and sophomores?
Yes

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
8 or 9, not much difference. Understand your point, but we will have players next year that will make us competitive in every A10 game next year. If that last scholarship goes to N'Guessan, I'll be very happy.