Recruiting 2020 Offers

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I dunno man..they just signed the mitchell twins...the 2 top 100 bigs who transferred from maryland...they cant play til 21 but..
All kinds of red flags surrounding those 2. The fact that they were a package deal was ominous and scared off a lot of programs. There is a non-zero risk that neither of them ever plays a game for URI.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
All kinds of red flags surrounding those 2. The fact that they were a package deal was ominous and scared off a lot of programs. There is a non-zero risk that neither of them ever plays a game for URI.

Terps 7'3" Choi Marial became eligible to.play Jamuary. He will the next Terps big to Lottery following Bruno Fernando and Jaden Smith.

The Mitchell twins saw the writing on the wall and decided to transfer out. They will get pt at URI as Jermaine should be leaving when they become eligible in '21.

We need to bring in a another big now to development alongside Big Haas.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I dunno man..they just signed the mitchell twins...the 2 top 100 bigs who transferred from maryland...they cant play til 21 but..
Seems like there may be a lot of baggage with the Mitchell twins. Until proven otherwise, I think Nevada landed a much bigger catch when the Martin twins transferred from NC State several years ago.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Terps 7'3" Choi Marial became eligible to.play Jamuary. He will the next Terps big to Lottery following Bruno Fernando and Jaden Smith.

The Mitchell twins saw the writing on the wall and decided to transfer out. They will get pt at URI as Jermaine should be leaving when they become eligible in '21.

We need to bring in a another big now to development alongside Big Haas.
That is not why they transferred out....

Reactions: N Mollen

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
That is not why they transferred out....
Whether they had issues or not...Choi's availability accelerated the progress...Turgeon has been extremely vocal about his eagerness to give Choi alot of minutes. Turgeon's history is make 1 big his center piece in the terp offense.

Given the issues with mitchell twins, it was pretty easy to move toward choi.

Choi will be a sure fire lottery pick.

Apr 20, 2009
7 foot Coppin State transfer Brendan Medley-Bacon will announce his school choice tomorrow at 5 pm. Options are Rhode Island, Boise State, Southern Illinois, ODU and VCU. Has 2 years left to play. From Baltimore. Averaged 7.5 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks and 2 assists per game and started every game this season. 3rd team All Meac. Definitely a solid rim protector and defensive player. I think he has to sit one year.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
7 foot Coppin State transfer Brendan Medley-Bacon will announce his school choice tomorrow at 5 pm. Options are Rhode Island, Boise State, Southern Illinois, ODU and VCU. Has 2 years left to play. From Baltimore. Averaged 7.5 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks and 2 assists per game and started every game this season. 3rd team All Meac. Definitely a solid rim protector and defensive player. I think he has to sit one year.
Nothing like waiting a year for a third team MEAC player...

Are we getting desperate?

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
I like how everyone is ripping the kid before he even commit here. If he does, it’s a great way to welcome him. He is coming with some questions marks, but look at it this way. He has an entire year to redshirt. If Rhoades likes what he sees during practices, he can recruit differently, if he doesn’t, it’s another need to fill.