Recruiting 2020 Offers

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
The A10 will start regularly fielding 4-5 NCAA tourney teams again in a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: duncanlamb

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

Seton Hall had just offered Sam Ayomide yesterday so.this commitment means they have no schollie for Sam in 2020

Sam is a post grad at the phelp's school in philly so he could reclassify.

Like wait and see which of our 2021's reclassifies before we comitt our 5th schollie.

Some quick sam highlights. He's working over che Holmgren #2 ranked player in the 2020.class.

http://instagr.am/p/B24y9ENATXj/

Last edited:
May 1, 2009
Very true duquesne has no fanbase to speak of.
A decade or two in obscurity can do that for a program. But I think Dambrot will bring their program back up. They are also right in the middle of a city with an ACC school so there is a lot of competition. But Pittsburgh is a pretty good sports town with pro football, hockey and baseball.

Reactions: duncanlamb

MrVCU - 6thRam

Top Member
Insider
Apr 29, 2009
Galin Smith to Maryland - sounds like most of the experts on here felt like he wasn’t good enough for VCU. We’ll see how he does for the Terps in the Big 10.......

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Galin Smith to Maryland - sounds like most of the experts on here felt like he wasn’t good enough for VCU. We’ll see how he does for the Terps in the Big 10.......
1. There are no experts here.

2. I think opinions on him were mixed. IMHO, he'd have been useful, but I am not heartbroken. Maryland had minutes (and a conference) to offer we could not match.

No harm in holding onto this scholarship; gonna be a weird unpredictable summer.

Reactions: TampaKAP and Newboy

MrVCU - 6thRam

Top Member
Insider
Apr 29, 2009
Agree - not heartbroken about not getting Smith at all but felt like some beef and 5 more post fouls could help for a year.
Want the best chance to win next year, not ready to chalk up the upcoming season as rebuild mode only.
Development year yes but let’s win.

Mar 2, 2014
Darn. Thanks! I have never been called an "expert" before. But really, all kidding aside, I am not.

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
I wasn't speaking about the player, rather the apparrently nonexistent fanbase. If that was VCU you'd have had about 250 reactions and 100 comments by that time.
Dambrot appears to be over his scholarship allotment by three. Not unusual with him though.