2020 transfer news/targets

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
@2012Ram I actually take vocabulary seriously.
No, what you do is take vocabulary hyper literally, but only selectively. That's not the same thing as taking it seriously. It's also not a sign of wisdom, either, to pretend that words only mean precisely what the dictionary says they do and context does not exist. In fact, it's kind of the opposite of wisdom.

Also, our seniors shot 34.2% as a (now I'm not saying they aren't talented, but what I am saying is that they are not as talented as people think, and 4ppg players and unknowns are clearly more talented and have a higher ceiling) group. As a team we shot 34.6%.

Going to give them any credit or nah?

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Apologies. I hoped it wouldn't become another long drawn out thing, but I should've known better. Good Lord.
You thought it wouldnt become another long drawn out thing, and then did everything in your power to make it one lol.

Could have just admitted you were wrong 4 pages ago lol.

And it wasnt "drawn" at all. I take words very seriously and at no point was any of this illustrated, it was all typed.

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
Back to BMB from Coppin State. Looks like he scored 4 points against Va Tech and 1 point against Miami (the only two P-5 teams he faced). Against A-10 teams (Davidson and Fordham) he scored 1 and 3 points respectively.

He really came on in the last 12 games this year, in which he recorder double-doubles in 8 games. One game he had 8 points and 24 rebounds. He's trending up - I'd be excited to have him!

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Back to BMB from Coppin State. Looks like he scored 4 points against Va Tech and 1 point against Miami (the only two P-5 teams he faced). Against A-10 teams (Davidson and Fordham) he scored 1 and 3 points respectively.

He really came on in the last 12 games this year, in which he recorder double-doubles in 8 games. One game he had 8 points and 24 rebounds. He's trending up - I'd be excited to have him!
Prepare to be excited.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
The sages and wise men begged for a grad transfer shooter, while the unwashed masses and fools pleaded for a juco or gt big man.

And lo, the skies parted and Rhoades spoke.

"S1p2 project big"

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
You thought it wouldnt become another long drawn out thing, and then did everything in your power to make it one lol.

Could have just admitted you were wrong 4 pages ago lol.

And it wasnt "drawn" at all. I take words very seriously and at no point was any of this illustrated, it was all typed.
See, you must always have the last word. The only thing I was wrong about was forgetting the high school 3 pt line distance, so thanks for that. Everything else was just disagreement, neither of us were wrong. Hopefully some of our guys have "great" 33% shooting stats from 3 next season.

Last edited:

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
See, you must always have the last word.
Says the dude responding to me, trying to get the last word.

And nah, you are wrong about a ton of stuff, but most notably that your ego is so massive yet so fragile that you can't bring yourself to give our graduating seniors any credit for a good shooting year from deep because that would make you even more wrong.

Kinda sad to be honest. These kids played their hearts our for VCU just to have some dude who is afraid to admit he is wrong pretend they didn't even suit up for us.

Oh well, that's on you.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@2012Ram cool, I look forward to seeing "great" 33% 3 pt shooting next season, hopefully on the level of the "great" deadeye shooter Deri Jenkins. Thanks again.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
@2012Ram cool, I look forward to seeing "great" 33% 3 pt shooting next season, hopefully on the level of the "great" deadeye shooter Deri Jenkins. Thanks again.
Like I said, it's kinda sad. Deri was a great player and a great shooter, a 4 year starter, and his reward for that is some jagweed downplaying his accomplishments so he doesn't lose an argument on a forum lol.