2020 transfer news/targets

Nov 20, 2009
The person I was talking to yesterday wondered why it had not been announced as well.
I’ve got a theory on that. When there is pending bad news, they often wait for that to break before announcing good news. This way, the good news is fresher in folks minds, and it serves as a quick response to change the narrative. Not saying that this is the case in this instance...just that businesses and corporations think like this. I believe that VCU basketball is no different in this regard.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
I’ve got a theory on that. When there is pending bad news, they often wait for that to break before announcing good news. This way, the good news is fresher in folks minds, and it serves as a quick response to change the narrative. Not saying that this is the case in this instance...just that businesses and corporations think like this. I believe that VCU basketball is no different in this regard.
So that means you’re thinking the Medley-Bacon commit is directly related to an impending transfer announcement. This also means there is an open scholly

Reactions: wavevcu
Nov 20, 2009
So that means you’re thinking the Medley-Bacon commit is directly related to an impending transfer announcement. This also means there is an open scholly
Perhaps so, but it’s also hard to control the exact timing of things like this when kid’s decisions are being made. They want to be able let people know and make public on their own accord too.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
The real question is: How would consensus Top-100 squad North Texas have fared in the MEAC?
They would have flattened that conference like a steamroller. It's dreadful. The highest ranked kenpom team in the MEAC was Norfolk state, at 254th.

However, if any team in the MEAC managed to beat them, I'd imagine they'd have the same reaction Rhoades did to beating them. Only it wouldn't be as weird and forced.

Reactions: duncanlamb

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
...or...there are 2 in play and one ( the priority target) is deciding where they will go. Our decision is made, either a or b, but waiting on a before announcing b.
Anything is possible

Nov 20, 2009
...or...there are 2 in play and one ( the priority target) is deciding where they will go. Our decision is made, either a or b, but waiting on a before announcing b.
Anything is possible
True. I like the 7’1” kid. Really like that he seems to be a good passer at almost 2 assists pg. We have not had many good passing bigs.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

Good interview with Brendan Medley Bacon.

DJ Haley and Brendan have one thing in common. They both suffer from Asthma.

Jul 27, 2017
Assuming we get him I am not sure why some are so disappointed. He is exactly what we need. A 7 footer with some size to compete against P5 bigs. Other than team chemistry and shooting our other glaring weakness last year was rebounding. He will help. Maybe he isn't the best athlete, but if he was a really good athlete at 7ft 240 he is going to Kansas, not VCU.

Will be a good backup option for MSS this year. I would love for him and Hason to be able to start together the year after, one of them will need to develop an outside shot.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Assuming we get him I am not sure why some are so disappointed. He is exactly what we need. A 7 footer with some size to compete against P5 bigs. Other than team chemistry and shooting our other glaring weakness last year was rebounding. He will help. Maybe he isn't the best athlete, but if he was a really good athlete at 7ft 240 he is going to Kansas, not VCU.

Will be a good backup option for MSS this year. I would love for him and Hason to be able to start together the year after, one of them will need to develop an outside shot.
Unlikely to play this year. Gonna have to sit a year.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Unlikely to play this year. Gonna have to sit a year.
May depend on what the NCAA does about the rule change. We'll know about that soon. But it is a distinct possibility they will want him to shirt anyway

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009

Let get a team together that can beat mason at home then we can worry about being competitive against P5 teams.