2020 transfer news/targets

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
The very real possibility of some states ( I hope Northam is smart about this) returning to normal operations( like Georgia) instead of continuing stay at home will cause more positive cases and deaths . This may cause a second spike in late summer to mid-fall. A domino effect will then occur with fall sports starting very late and thereby pushing basketball maybe in the spring. And we have yet to see some of the more rural areas hit and when they are they have fewer hospitals to handle the crisis. Personally I'd like to see stay at home orders for all states until June. By then we may have a better handle on testing and really flatten the curve.
1970. I know you have retired but you might want to give the politicians on both sides of the aisle a call to volunteer your services. Your response is a reasoned approached. As a sports lover and someone who works with Healthcare organizations, I am really concerned that getting back to normal prior to June, in most place, will put both industries (sports and healthcare and peril).

Reactions: wavevcu

Steve Roadcap

Top Member
Oct 18, 2015
not a transfer, a decommit, but yeah that guy was pretty good.
If you are referencing Jamie Skeen he played for Wake Forest for two years (2006/2007 and 2007/2008 seasons), transferred to VCU and sat out a year and played his last 2 years at VCU (2009/2010 and 2010/2011 seasons), the last year averaging 15.7 points per game and leading the team to its Final Four appearance.

Reactions: wavevcu and L72boy

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
If you are referencing Jamie Skeen he played for Wake Forest for two years (2006/2007 and 2007/2008 seasons), transferred to VCU and sat out a year and played his last 2 years at VCU (2009/2010 and 2010/2011 seasons), the last year averaging 15.7 points per game and leading the team to its Final Four appearance.
He's distinguishing Jamie from this new kid, who is a decommit

Reactions: Mercury
Feb 24, 2020
I'm one of Rhodes biggest critics but I will say this...he is starting to see where the weakness of this program has been for sometime now. We have struggled to get larger big men into the program (6'10" and above). Hopefully getting another 6'10" and above player can really solidify the rim protecting role that this team needs.

VCU got to the final four in part due to the role DJ Haley played on the back end of the press. If you go back and watch the games against Florida State and Kansas, you'll see that having a rim protecting big at the back of the press can make up for mistakes at the front end.

Credit where credit is due to Coach Rhoades and the staff on recognizing the need

Steve Roadcap

Top Member
Oct 18, 2015
He's distinguishing Jamie from this new kid, who is a decommit
He referenced a transfer from Wake that played for VCU; this new guy is a de-commit and has not yet transferred and may or may not end up as a member of the VCU nation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramlove81

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I'm one of Rhodes biggest critics but I will say this...he is starting to see where the weakness of this program has been for sometime now. We have struggled to get larger big men into the program (6'10" and above). Hopefully getting another 6'10" and above player can really solidify the rim protecting role that this team needs.

VCU got to the final four in part due to the role DJ Haley played on the back end of the press. If you go back and watch the games against Florida State and Kansas, you'll see that having a rim protecting big at the back of the press can make up for mistakes at the front end.

Credit where credit is due to Coach Rhoades and the staff on recognizing the need
Thank You! Thank you!

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
I certainly don't want to diminish the contributions of any player, and I love DJ, who is a tremendous human being, but he also played a total of seven minutes in the FSU game and five in the Kansas game, so this embellishes quite a bit. It's okay to want more 6-10 and up dudes (who wouldn't?), but let's not be revisionist historians either.