2020 transfer news/targets

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
I'm saying some did - and I'm not going to elaborate. And - I'm not way out of line in thinking that.
Look, you might have insider information, and if you do, congrats. However, for you to come onto a public forum cast dispersion on the character of our players without explaining why has caused me to lose all respect for you. You should've just kept it to yourself, or you should have the courage to defend your position. But what you've done here lacks all integrity.

Just my opinion.

Go Rams.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Dug into the Wichita newspapers articles on this and Marshall said in effect, they expected to play more blah blah blah. He didn’t mention Stevenson and his distain for ol’Gregg. How Gregg and the staff totally broke him in the second half of the season. It’s eye opening.
Did see one stat that said 17% of DI basketball programs had 5 or more transfer last year! Yikes!
I‘ve got no love lost for Marshall, but it’s not like it’s a secret how he acts and behaves. It’s like kids who went to Indiana and were shocked at Bob Knight’s coaching style.

Did Stevenson think he was getting some mellow version of Gregg Marshall?

Reactions: Newboy

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Look, you might have insider information, and if you do, congrats. However, for you to come onto a public forum cast dispersion on the character of our players without explaining why has caused me to lose all respect for you. You should've just kept it to yourself, or you should have the courage to defend your position. But what you've done here lacks all integrity.

Just my opinion.

Go Rams.
That said, the Coaching Change twitter would back Wolfpack Ram's position. They back Rhoades and throw the fans under the bus.

I'm ready to give up making sense of this year.

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Mar 21, 2017
would be interesting to know the full story behind the Coaching Changes tweet (assuming he is not an imaginary "insider") although I don't appreciate all VCU fans being lumped together like that. To me, that just makes him sound dumb and unrealistic. There are plenty of us that stuck by Coach.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
That said, the Coaching Change twitter would back Wolfpack Ram's position. They back Rhoades and throw the fans under the bus.

I'm ready to give up making sense of this year.
I have no idea who this ‘Coaching Changes’ guy is or if his information is legit. However, this is why some of us constantly make the point that these kids are not robots. People can quote all the stats and analytics they wish, but in the end it is young men (18-22) playing. People gripe about Mike’s coaching, his player rotations, etc., but the truth is that he and his staff are the only ones who see what is going on behind the scenes. It is truly about more than just basketball for Rhoades and his staff. They are trying to help these kids become good husbands, fathers and contributors to society. Sure, I’d like us to go 29-2 every season, like Dayton did this season. Heck, I’d like to see us win 100 games in a row. However, I know we have a good coach and the right man to lead VCU, regardless of a single down year. He’ll never throw a kid under the bus publicly, and for that I am thrilled. He’ll do what leaders are supposed to do: accept the criticism for his team, and deflect the praise to his team. Peace all.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
would be interesting to know the full story behind the Coaching Changes tweet (assuming he is not an imaginary "insider") although I don't appreciate all VCU fans being lumped together like that. To me, that just makes him sound dumb and unrealistic. There are plenty of us that stuck by Coach.
I agree about lumping everyone together, but isn’t that what most do in today’s world? How many of our posters lump all UR fans together? Or Rhody fans, etc. It‘s just easy to do, and a bit lazy.

Besides, I know not all of our fans are ugly and dumb. We do have our share of unrealistic fans, but then who doesn’t?

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
I have no idea who this ‘Coaching Changes’ guy is or if his information is legit. However, this is why some of us constantly make the point that these kids are not robots. People can quote all the stats and analytics they wish, but in the end it is young men (18-22) playing. People gripe about Mike’s coaching, his player rotations, etc., but the truth is that he and his staff are the only ones who see what is going on behind the scenes. It is truly about more than just basketball for Rhoades and his staff. They are trying to help these kids become good husbands, fathers and contributors to society. Sure, I’d like us to go 29-2 every season, like Dayton did this season. Heck, I’d like to see us win 100 games in a row. However, I know we have a good coach and the right man to lead VCU, regardless of a single down year. He’ll never throw a kid under the bus publicly, and for that I am thrilled. He’ll do what leaders are supposed to do: accept the criticism for his team, and deflect the praise to his team. Peace all.
One thing I realized about the “Coaching Changes” Twitter account is that it’s multiple people and they don’t necessarily know each other. Guys who have the password, give the password to other guys they deem “in the know.” Not too long ago, someone got disgusted with the info their co-posters were putting out and reset the password. They started out all over again giving out the password. That’s why sometimes if you read their stuff, it looks like the account is arguing with itself! 😂😂😂

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

Just my opinion.

Go Rams.
It's not too hard to figure out. And by the way, this is a message board where opinions are welcome without having to paint the complete picture for those of you that can't figure it out. And, for the record, I defended my position by telling you that I was not going to elaborate.

Believe what you want to believe from me. Respect or not respect me. It's a freakin' message board!!! I'm not the media and I don't owe you anything. If you don't like my comments, then delete/unfriend me, or whatever this message board allows you to do.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
It's not too hard to figure out. And by the way, this is a message board where opinions are welcome without having to paint the complete picture for those of you that can't figure it out. And, for the record, I defended my position by telling you that I was not going to elaborate.

Believe what you want to believe from me. Respect or not respect me. It's a freakin' message board!!! I'm not the media and I don't owe you anything. If you don't like my comments, then delete/unfriend me, or whatever this message board allows you to do.
Where would the fun be if everyone only regurgitated what we read in the MSM. Different insights, observations, and inferences are what make the banter on the board enjoyable.

Reactions: Wolfpack Ram

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014

I agree you don't owe me anything. I just think that coming on a message board and saying our players lack character without backing it up makes you a jerk, and I don't respect you for it. Imagine if someone came on here and said, "Hey, I have secret information about our coach that reveals him to be a bad person." It constitutes vague and unsubstantiated character assassination, in my opinion. Obviously, you have a different point-of-view. Whatever.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I agree you don't owe me anything. I just think that coming on a message board and saying our players lack character without backing it up makes you a jerk, and I don't respect you for it. Imagine if someone came on here and said, "Hey, I have secret information about our coach that reveals him to be a bad person." It constitutes vague and unsubstantiated character assassination, in my opinion. Obviously, you have a different point-of-view. Whatever.
So you would rather me paint the entire picture naming names? Nothing good comes from naming names. Anyone who has watched VCU basketball this year and has a clue can read between the lines without naming names. And it's not secret information - or "vague and unsubstantiated character assassination". Other posters know exactly what I'm talking about and have express it through the "like" button.

Do yourself a favor and put me on "ignore" please.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
So you would rather me paint the entire picture naming names? Nothing good comes from naming names. Anyone who has watched VCU basketball this year and has a clue can read between the lines without naming names. And it's not secret information - or "vague and unsubstantiated character assassination". Other posters know exactly what I'm talking about and have express it through the "like" button.

Do yourself a favor and put me on "ignore" please.
Anyone who has watched VCU basketball this year knows that something went wrong, but to claim that everyone understands it's because our guys lack character is simply factually incorrect. I have season tickets, as does everyone around me at the Stu, and none of us can tell with metaphysical certitude that the problem involves the character of our players. I guess we're not the astute ethicist that you are.

In any event, I will always remember the time that you, in the middle of a global pandemic, you thought it best to tear apart the character of our players without being able to articulate your position. For the first time in years, I no longer believe Celticguy is the biggest jerk on this board.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
I’ll say from a strictly outsider’s perspective as a guy who watched every game on TV and one in person (LSU and it was awesome) since I live in a different state. Maybe I’m oblivious, but character issues were not obvious to me. Yeah the end of the year was terrible and guys looked frustrated as they finished 2-8. I didn’t pick up on any single guy looking like a team cancer. I’m out of the “insider” loop tho and have 0 connections so I wouldn’t know.

Mar 2, 2014
Anyone who has watched VCU basketball this year knows that something went wrong, but to claim that everyone understands it's because our guys lack character is simply factually incorrect. I have season tickets, as does everyone around me at the Stu, and none of us can tell with metaphysical certitude that the problem involves the character of our players. I guess we're not the astute ethicist that you are.

In any event, I will always remember the time that you, in the middle of a global pandemic, you thought it best to tear apart the character of our players without being able to articulate your position. For the first time in years, I no longer believe Celticguy is the biggest jerk on this board.
Congrats Celticguy! You are moving up in the rankings!