2020 transfer news/targets

Jan 16, 2020
Pistol Pete and Machine Gun Mac have similarities .... While at LSU, Maravich scored NCAA record 3,667 points in three seasons, averaging more than 40 for career (also averaged 40-plus for freshman team) .... McClung, out of southwestern Gate City, holds all-division prep public scoring record in Virginia - 2,801.

Reactions: wavevcu

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Pistol Pete and Machine Gun Mac have similarities .... While at LSU, Maravich scored NCAA record 3,667 points in three seasons, averaging more than 40 for career (also averaged 40-plus for freshman team) .... McClung, out of southwestern Gate City, holds all-division prep public scoring record in Virginia - 2,801.
They are both bipeds, I'll give you that.

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
Will Connie Hawkins be the next comp on this thread?
Ha! Since someone posted about McClung I will say I find him interesting. Not necessarily for VCU just about him in general.
I saw some videos that Andrew C. made of McClung during the junior season of his high school career. He is rather small with freakish hops. He was not really recruited by many schools but he did verbally commit to Rutgers. Then during his senior season Andrew made another McClung mixtape that went viral. Ewing signed with G-Town and then offered McClung. He decided to drop Rutgers and take that offer. I was told that VCU never showed much interest and I doubt they will now.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Ha! Since someone posted about McClung I will say I find him interesting. Not necessarily for VCU just about him in general.
I saw some videos that Andrew C. made of McClung during the junior season of his high school career. He is rather small with freakish hops. He was not really recruited by many schools but he did verbally commit to Rutgers. Then during his senior season Andrew made another McClung mixtape that went viral. Ewing signed with G-Town and then offered McClung. He decided to drop Rutgers and take that offer. I was told that VCU never showed much interest and I doubt they will now.
Since I am sure you guys would want to know, I am not showing much interest either.

Reactions: mrgeode and Newboy

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
If we really didn't want him the first time around, I am not sure why we would want him now. I wonder if his family is nice?
he's had some success at the college level. He's a better recruit (as a player) than he was. I just don't see what he offers us, and we have much better uses for that spot.

Reactions: PRock and Newboy
May 4, 2012
I was not around for Maravich in college. Unbelievable that he was able to score so many points without a 3-point line and not being able to play his freshman season. I bet he was incredibly fun to watch although his team's record was close to .500 during his career. Maravich was dogged his entire career because he was not a big winner. He was a showman of supreme talent though.
Its a team sport. MJ didnt start winning till they put a team together around him.