2020 transfer news/targets

Jan 16, 2020
Did I insist Pete Maravich was over rated? Pistol Pete was actually one of my favorite players.
My inside source tells me Pistol Pete narrowed his final college decision down to LSU and the Rams .... but before Ed Allen could sign him, you talked him out of it - claimed Pete was a "gunner" and "weak on defense."

AlienAiden

Insider
May 3, 2012
Who told you that, Alien? Sure looked spectacular at The Stu. Suppose the VCU coaching staff preferred Houston's own P.J. Byrd instead.
Well, our coaches also did not recruit Jimmerson who is a good shooter. They are the ones getting paid not me. I was told that VCU did not recruit him. There is evidence of that if you just go to the recruiting sites.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
Well, our coaches also did not recruit Jimmerson who is a good shooter. They are the ones getting paid not me. I was told that VCU did not recruit him. There is evidence of that if you just go to the recruiting sites.
If I were the one getting paid I'd have kicked the tires on him during his initial recruitment, but I dunno. There's not much opportunity cost to walking over to see him play in the state finals, at least. I think watching him and Marcus Evans would've been fascinating - that's for sure a 100% love or 100% hate relationship.

Certainly not coming here now if he didn't back in the day. Tennessee sounds like a good bet.

Reactions: KentuckyRam
May 1, 2009
Well if his rebounds exceed his assists, he at least follows his shot. It would be good for him to go to a team that has guys who can “go get the ball”. I wonder how Tony Bennett would handle this talent? A sit out year could be a good move considering the COVID environment.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
No clue. From Detroit so I’ve been trying to find out. Transferred from Utah after 2 years. Played immediately at UNLV last year thanks to a waiver

Tillman was a former Pac12 sixth man of the year. His stats went down a little bit during the year but he would supply vcu some experience and reliable scoring at the wing position.

He entered the portal 3 weeks ago and Levi already took our line spot. It's tough to say that he would be coming here now.

May 4, 2012
Tillman was a former Pac12 sixth man of the year. His stats went down a little bit during the year but he would supply vcu some experience and reliable scoring at the wing position.

He entered the portal 3 weeks ago and Levi already took our line spot. It's tough to say that he would be coming here now.
there always room if we want him.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
His minutes and stats went down for a reason, and even if we had a spot for him, I very much doubt we'd be interested. My guess is that that list is everyone with whom he has had any contact, and any contact we had with him was some time ago.