2020 transfer news/targets

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
I’ll say from a strictly outsider’s perspective as a guy who watched every game on TV and one in person (LSU and it was awesome) since I live in a different state. Maybe I’m oblivious, but character issues were not obvious to me. Yeah the end of the year was terrible and guys looked frustrated as they finished 2-8. I didn’t pick up on any single guy looking like a team cancer. I’m out of the “insider” loop tho and have 0 connections so I wouldn’t know.
I'm buddies with about 10 season ticket holders, and this was our consensus opinion as well. The team appeared frustrated, and they were certainly injured, but nobody I know pointed to any kind of obvious character issues. It's possible they were there, of course, but it's not obvious to an outside observer. Which is why I think it is in extremely poor form to claim that at least some of these young men lack character without defending the claim.

Ululating Daddy

Top Member
Jan 13, 2016
<snip>
I'm ready to give up making sense of this year.
Me, too.

One part of me wants to know every gory detail about last season, and why a season that opened with such promise ended the way it did. Another part of me wants to look forward to next season, anticipating how much this group of underclassmen will grow. Each day that goes by, that second part gets stronger, and the first part recedes.

#LetsGoVCU

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
I'll just bring up the elephant in the room now, since more transfer talk about our guys is inevitable. Does anyone else think Curry will transfer? Unless he dramatically improves his shooting and predictability, I can't see his minutes improving much at all, unless the incoming freshmen turn the ball over/foul like crazy. He's explosive, but Reco was also explosive.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2010
I'll just bring up the elephant in the room now, since more transfer talk about our guys is inevitable. Does anyone else think Curry will transfer? Unless he dramatically improves his shooting and predictability, I can't see his minutes improving much at all, unless the incoming freshmen turn the ball over/foul like crazy. He's explosive, but Reco was also explosive.
I saw something completely different this year than you. He was explosive and one of our only players that could create their own offense by finding avenues to dribble to the rim. If he works on his shot it would open so much more for him so I think his path to solidifying/increasing his playing time is clear and no reason for him to transfer. He stuck it out after freshmen year and got better, I expect him to do the same going to his Junior year.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@VCUsummerof69 he certainly had his moments, but his minutes were already dwindling down towards the end of the season as the freshmen got more PT. The only exceptions were the GW blowout and Duquesne game.

Reactions: 2012Ram

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Anyone who has watched VCU basketball this year knows that something went wrong, but to claim that everyone understands it's because our guys lack character is simply factually incorrect. I have season tickets, as does everyone around me at the Stu, and none of us can tell with metaphysical certitude that the problem involves the character of our players. I guess we're not the astute ethicist that you are.

In any event, I will always remember the time that you, in the middle of a global pandemic, you thought it best to tear apart the character of our players without being able to articulate your position. For the first time in years, I no longer believe Celticguy is the biggest jerk on this board.
This coming from the guy that regularly calls another poster a "jerk". Take your stones back into your glass house. 1..2..3.."Ignore"

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
One thing I realized about the “Coaching Changes” Twitter account is that it’s multiple people and they don’t necessarily know each other. Guys who have the password, give the password to other guys they deem “in the know.” Not too long ago, someone got disgusted with the info their co-posters were putting out and reset the password. They started out all over again giving out the password. That’s why sometimes if you read their stuff, it looks like the account is arguing with itself! 😂😂😂
Wonder if MR has the password? :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: SWV and 2012Ram