2020 transfer news/targets

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

While most were expected, a total of four Bulldogs on scholarship have entered the transfer portal since the end of the season, and they all did so around the same time. Freshman guard Devin Butts, freshman guard/wing Elias King, sophomore forward Prince Oduro and junior forward KeyShawn Feazell announced their intentions to transfer and continue their careers elsewhere. Butts, King and Oduro all entered the transfer portal last week followed by Feazell this week.

For those interested in a shooter...former vcu 2019 target Devin Butts is transferring from mississippi st. He was considered one of the best shooters inthe class of '19.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Look, you might have insider information, and if you do, congrats. However, for you to come onto a public forum cast dispersion on the character of our players without explaining why has caused me to lose all respect for you. You should've just kept it to yourself, or you should have the courage to defend your position. But what you've done here lacks all integrity.

Just my opinion.

Go Rams.
He did the same with Juvonte back in the day.

Reactions: Havoc City

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
I don't think Marfo is a good match for us with who we're scheduled to add/retain, but I do think he's a decent match if we lose MSS, which I think is possible. Similar players.
If MSS leaves I think it hurts him more than us. With us he averages a double double and most likely at least 15 plus points. He makes first team as most Coaches will secretly admit they did him wrong this year by not voting him at least third team.

With anyone else its a crap shoot. If he tries to go up to P5 he'd have to pick the right school. If he drops lower well why the heck would he?

Reactions: RamStrut

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
ip00780

I don't know about Jackson but simms was a juco who got offers from miami, pitt, texas tech and nc state.

secondly, the talent was here to make run this year. We had chemistry issues and injuries; that is all.

Basketball isnt just about plugging top 50 players in your lineup, rolling a ball on the floor and telling them to run full court.

Case in point: UCONN had back to back top 30 classes over the last 2 years and went 35-29 (16-20) with no post season the last 2 years. They lost to bad st. Joe's team!

I'll give them credit, they were better than last year but it usually takes time to build a winner with a young roster.

I have know problem waiting a couple years.
I have seen Basketball many years. I also dont like to state one of our guys isn't good enough. However, no way Mike'L Simms plays or is signed by any of those teams.

And as to UConn where they were as a program and especially in their league top 30 doesnt cut it unless you have a couple top 10-15 types pulling your wagon.

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
Tyrese Martin and Long leaving URI coupled with a freshman and a sophomore who left in December couple with graduation of Langevine and Dowtin equals questions at URI. Martin was a tool and sinus Cox. Might dislike this team more than any other in A-10. Yeah that bad
yup. I dislike them as much as you do. IF we can pull in a very good BIG and keep our guys, I can see us making a run for the A10 champ.

Reactions: SpiderRAM

Love2Ram

Top Member
Feb 25, 2011
I normally pull for all A10 teams to get better but I'll admit watching Rhode Island sinking is entertaining. Cox has always struck me as a real jerk and now it seems my instincts are justified. Riding Hurley's coattails is all but over with players transferring and graduating. He's going to get exposed next year and my bet is Cox will be gone within a couple of seasons.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
I’m not seeing a ton of VCU chatter about Marfo. Let me just say this. He would be the difference that could change the tide of this program. Putting him and MSS on the front line with Ward and MBJ and Vince helping out down low would be massive. Would make us competitive this year. Hope we land him.