Schedule 2021-22 Schedule

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Dang I just might be able to make it. We're moving to Ohio for a temporary two year position and Nashville is actually not a bad drive from there. I'll just tell the wife, "Road Trip", and she'll be ready to go.
When I moved back to RVA I drove from the panhandle of Texas. Nashville would be about a 9 hour drive but you do get to go over the Great Smoky Mountains. One time when I was a kid we were in the Smoky mountains and we saw a bear in a cage at a gas station. The bear would drink Coca Cola.

RamDanFan

Top Member
Jan 19, 2015
If you are willing to stay a few extra days in Nashville, you can take Allegiant Airlines for $96 round trip non stop out of Richmond. November 14th to November 19th.

Reactions: VCUBeatsduke

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
If you are willing to stay a few extra days in Nashville, you can take Allegiant Airlines for $96 round trip non stop out of Richmond. November 14th to November 19th.
Honestly, that's not a bad deal and it's easy enough to make a vacation out of a trip to Nashville.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
When I moved back to RVA I drove from the panhandle of Texas. Nashville would be about a 9 hour drive but you do get to go over the Great Smoky Mountains. One time when I was a kid we were in the Smoky mountains and we saw a bear in a cage at a gas station. The bear would drink Coca Cola.
If it was a polar bear with two cubs, it could pay for an attorney to fight against its unlawful imprisonment out of past compensation...

Reactions: mrgeode

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
Any chance for another game after Dec 22 and before conference play starts in January?
With the number of athletes in other sports testing positive who are already vaccinated I wonder if it would be smart to have a nice block of days to allow for rescheduling before conference play.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
I would like to see VCU take on USF and UCF. Those are good round trip in a day games with USF about 45 minutes (no traffic) from me. Atlantic and Jacksonville are 250 miles away or so drives away for me when we play them away down here in FL in 22'

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
One time when I was a kid we were in the Smoky mountains and we saw a bear in a cage at a gas station. The bear would drink Coca Cola.
True story. When I was 6, my dad would take me to the local fix it ship. The owner had a chimpanzee in a cage. One day, my dad bought me a cherry slurpee at the local 7-11 prior to going to the fix it shop.

We went to fix it shop, my dad went to the counter to pay for something. I stood behind and watched the chimp in the cage opposite the counter. I figured it would be a nice idea to share my slurpee with the chimp. I reached inside and gave my 32 Oz slurpee cup to the chimp. Well, he loved the flavor and started drinking it all! I reached to grab the slurpee but he would not give it back. I tried to pull it from him, he got upset took my hand and tried to eat it. I pulled my hand away with all my strength and let him have my slurpee.

I never shared a slurpee with him again.

Last edited:

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
The OOC schedule, in combination with the conference slate, is fine. There’s likely enough rigor (and enough potential/expected wins) to get us to our goal of 24 wins by Selection Sunday (generally the threshold by which we have pretty much “locked up” a bid). The “24 win” formula, almost regardless of how it is achieved, practically guarantees us, because of our scheduling philosophy/approach, the necessary metrics/profile (NET, KenPom, conf reg season finish and or tourney finish, etc) to generate an at-large resume (in the #5-11 seed range). When the dust settles, the most likely outcomes, as in previous years, will be:

On Selection Sunday (for VCU):
27 wins = 5-6 seed
25-26 wins = 7-9 seed
24 wins = 10 seed
22-23 wins = 11 seed
21 wins = fringe (12 seed or out)
20 wins = NIT

VCU, over the past decade or so, has mastered the art of OOC scheduling for a non-P6. Considering we have garnered, by far, the most at-large bids of any non-P6 school over that timeframe, the Ram hoop administration clearly understands the appropriate level of overall schedule difficulty, metrically and otherwise.

Last edited:

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
If anyone is in need of a funny read, give this one a try. ODU fans not only believe that ODU would be an instant A10 member of their football had it's own home, but that ODU would be a perennial top 4 in conference, partially given the overwhelming success of Richmond and Mason 🤦‍♂️

EDITED for spelling in case anyone was more confused than entertained.

Last edited:

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
If anyone is in need of a funny read, give this one a try. ODU fans not only believe that ODU would be an instant A10 member of their football had it's own home, but that ODU would be a perineal top 4 in conference, paetially given the overwhelming success of Richmond and Mason 🤦‍♂️

I am not normally one to correct spelling, but that was NOT the word you were looking for :lol: :lol: :lol:

RamNation is a community developed by fans of VCU basketball. We are an independent publication that is in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Virginia Commonwealth University. The opinions of the authors on this site are independent and in no way reflect the opinions of VCU administrators, coaches, staff, or athletes.

Online Statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayliotist