Schedule 2021-22 Schedule

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
If anyone is in need of a funny read, give this one a try. ODU fans not only believe that ODU would be an instant A10 member of their football had it's own home, but that ODU would be a perennial top 4 in conference, partially given the overwhelming success of Richmond and Mason 🤦‍♂️

EDITED for spelling in case anyone was more confused than entertained.

Interesting interview with Wood Selig below:

According to Wood, fodu wanted to join the A-10 and stay FCS for football and the A-10 was not interested because of concerns with fodu wanting to go FBS down the road. After VCU and fmason left the CAA for the A-10, fodu felt they also needed to make a move. After fodu was rejected by the A-10, Wood claims fodu's hand was forced to go FBS and they joined C-USA, which at the time still had ECU, Tulsa and Tulane as members. Joining C-USA has not worked out for fodu at all due to those departures and now Wood is hoping C-USA and the Sun Belt re-align into regional conferences.

After listening to this interview, it does not sound like fodu is in a very good place right now regarding current/potential future conference re-alignment.

Ram20ROB

Top Member
Nov 12, 2014

According to Wood, fodu wanted to join the A-10 and stay FCS for football and the A-10 was not interested because of concerns with fodu wanting to go FBS down the road. After VCU and fmason left the CAA for the A-10, fodu felt they also needed to make a move. After fodu was rejected by the A-10, Wood claims fodu's hand was forced to go FBS and they joined C-USA, which at the time still had ECU, Tulsa and Tulane as members. Joining C-USA has not worked out for fodu at all due to those departures and now Wood is hoping C-USA and the Sun Belt re-align into regional conferences.

After listening to this interview, it does not sound like fodu is in a very good place right now regarding current/potential future conference re-alignment.

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but based on your summary I think Wood is trying to rewrite history. The timing of who decided to move when is different than that. I think ODU is in a tough spot now and he's trying to deflect some criticism by saying he didn't have a lot of options. They went all in on football and it hasn't turned out well. But they put themselves in this spot, it wasn't based on VCU or Mason leaving the CAA.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
giphy.gif

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I haven't listened to the interview yet, but based on your summary I think Wood is trying to rewrite history. The timing of who decided to move when is different than that. I think ODU is in a tough spot now and he's trying to deflect some criticism by saying he didn't have a lot of options. They went all in on football and it hasn't turned out well. But they put themselves in this spot, it wasn't based on VCU or Mason leaving the CAA.
They are picked 129th (out of 130)...so they got that going for em

• Haha
Reactions: Newboy and cabell

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014

Thanks for this. I was having a tough day, but now I'm feeling great.

Reactions: Valley drop step

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
That interview is great.

How does it feel to be bent over a barrel?

Dr Wood: Pretty good, looking forward to more.

How did this happen?

Dr Wood: It’s all VCUs fault.

What’s the plan moving forward?

Dr Wood: Realignment of all the garbage, or form a garbage super conference.

Is that possible?

Dr Wood: No
I just listened to that interview. That was something else. Old Wood was just throwing things against the wall to see if anything would stick.

RamNation is a community developed by fans of VCU basketball. We are an independent publication that is in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Virginia Commonwealth University. The opinions of the authors on this site are independent and in no way reflect the opinions of VCU administrators, coaches, staff, or athletes.

Online Statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayliotist