Schedule 2021-22 Schedule

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Do you routinely not "get" jokes, or are you just having a bad day?
Actually, my day is going pretty well. Perhaps it is the subtilty of the joke ..... or sarcasm of the joke. Especially true considering we have routinely put mid-majors and even low-majors on our OOC schedule over the years. In fact, just last year we had Mt St. Marys, North Carolina A&T, Western Carolina, JMU, and even ODU. Not sure if all of these are H&H but a few likely are.
Considering that we do and are willing to schedule H&H with MM, it is kind of a slap in the face against us to make a joke suggesting we won't schedule such games. Perhaps you enjoy those types of jokes against us. I don't
Alternatively, it is a joke against Vandy's level of play. But it does suggest we aren't willing to schedule H&H with MM but are willing with a low level P5 opponent.

Havoc City

Elite Member
Actually, my day is going pretty well. Perhaps it is the subtilty of the joke ..... or sarcasm of the joke. Especially true considering we have routinely put mid-majors and even low-majors on our OOC schedule over the years. In fact, just last year we had Mt St. Marys, North Carolina A&T, Western Carolina, JMU, and even ODU. Not sure if all of these are H&H but a few likely are.
Considering that we do and are willing to schedule H&H with MM, it is kind of a slap in the face against us to make a joke suggesting we won't schedule such games. Perhaps you enjoy those types of jokes against us. I don't
Alternatively, it is a joke against Vandy's level of play. But it does suggest we aren't willing to schedule H&H with MM but are willing with a low level P5 opponent.
The tweet from midmajors was implying that we're the power school and Vandy was the mid-major. How are you still not getting that?

rollins77

Elite Member
Insider
Some folks are a little dialed up today. It's not that serious. The joke was about Vandy.

Ram20ROB

Elite Member

So a few of those are likely H&H? I don't think so. We started playing ODU in 1969; have played them at least once every year for the last 44 years so, yeah, that one will remain a H&H. But I don't see any others on that list that we'll be visiting. Maybe JMU if the schedule doesn't work out one year but let's keep it real. Buy games don't magically become H&H.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
In fact, just last year we had Mt St. Marys, North Carolina A&T, Western Carolina, JMU, and even ODU. Not sure if all of these are H&H but a few likely are.

ODU is H&H but we play them literally every year.

JMU was part of a MTE at the Siegel Center.

The rest were buy games in a year with many more buy games than normal because COVID mucked everything up.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
What MTE? JMU game was a scramble buy game after LSU was canceled due to COVID-19 issues with their team.
Never mind, you’re right. There was supposed to be a MTE at the Siegel Center also involving George Mason and ODU but it fell apart.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
VCU OOC Schedule '21/'22
so far:

(2021 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis will include Arizona State, Auburn, Loyola Chicago, Michigan State, Syracuse, Connecticut, VCU, & Baylor)
(Battle 4 Atlantis) N
(Battle 4 Atlantis) N
(Battle 4 Atlantis) N
Wagner H
Chattanooga H
Penn State H
@ Old Dominion
@ Vanderbilt