Schedule 2021-22 Schedule

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I think we've gotten into a disagreement once or twice in the past, but man, I sincerely love that you go hard in the paint all the time.
We have and it won’t be the last time either. This is a message board where imo over 90% of the posters love the VCU Men’s Basketball Program. I see tons of passion on here and even though some of us overreact to a loss, a missed recruit, and/or a questionable coaching decision — the strong majority love this program and want it to succeed.

I’m naturally a glass half full guy when it comes to VCU Men’s Basketball because they’ve NEVER let me down. My life revolves around the basketball schedule. I rarely take vacations between November and March because it consumes my well being. Even when we lose and I feel like sh1t the rest of the day, I’m thankful and I take pride that I’m a VCU grad and fan. I’ve been a d1ck to people on this board and I know it. heck - I even felt the need to privately apologize to one of the most loyal posters on here back in January for a snide and unnecessary comment that I made.

I appreciate the compliment. We went 1-0 against WW & LSU and I’m fine with that. The Chapelle gif felt so right.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
VCU did not comment other than to say LSU would not be scheduled. LSU gave their version which was that they tried. LSU was not flexible when trying to work a date. That is what I heard. I would not characterize it that VCU backed out of the game. Dates could not be worked out.
I wonder if there was any money exchanged. Supposedly, if they didn't play, they owed us money. But since they provided a date, we weren't able to accept, do we end up not being paid? Considering it has been 4 years since Wade was hired, I doubt they had a 4 year OOC schedule all set.....the game should have been guaranteed.....in other words, you work to scheduled guaranteed games before you fill your schedule and have only a limited set of dates available for guaranteed games. I would really like to know what happened, moneywise, since it involved a significant sum of money. (although I am aware that we will probably never learn what happened). I just get the feeling it is just another example of a P5 screwing over the non-P5.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
That's not how it works. It was LSUs responsibility to play a H&H when they bought out Wades contract. LSU and VCU did not enter into a contract for a H&H. VCU was the only party that could relieve the other of a contractual duty.
Not true. As part of the contract, LSU had the option of buy out the contract for a - what I would call - a significant sum of money.

Apr 20, 2009
We have and it won’t be the last time either. This is a message board where imo over 90% of the posters love the VCU Men’s Basketball Program. I see tons of passion on here and even though some of us overreact to a loss, a missed recruit, and/or a questionable coaching decision — the strong majority love this program and want it to succeed.

I’m naturally a glass half full guy when it comes to VCU Men’s Basketball because they’ve NEVER let me down. My life revolves around the basketball schedule. I rarely take vacations between November and March because it consumes my well being. Even when we lose and I feel like sh1t the rest of the day, I’m thankful and I take pride that I’m a VCU grad and fan. I’ve been a d1ck to people on this board and I know it. heck - I even felt the need to privately apologize to one of the most loyal posters on here back in January for a snide and unnecessary comment that I made.

I appreciate the compliment. We went 1-0 against WW & LSU and I’m fine with that. The Chapelle gif felt so right.
Wow! I'm right there with you, but how do you get over a loss so quickly?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I wonder if there was any money exchanged. Supposedly, if they didn't play, they owed us money. But since they provided a date, we weren't able to accept, do we end up not being paid? Considering it has been 4 years since Wade was hired, I doubt they had a 4 year OOC schedule all set.....the game should have been guaranteed.....in other words, you work to scheduled guaranteed games before you fill your schedule and have only a limited set of dates available for guaranteed games. I would really like to know what happened, moneywise, since it involved a significant sum of money. (although I am aware that we will probably never learn what happened). I just get the feeling it is just another example of a P5 screwing over the non-P5.
Wayne Epps did an article and he reported that no money was paid. In his article VCU did not comment further while LSU made some interesting comments like VCU will not be required to pay for the canceled game. As you said we will never know. I have heard some things and others seem to have heard the opposite of what I mentioned in this thread.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
Next year IF Flsu makes the dance I'm sure the NCAA's will try to match us up and the results will be devastazion!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Wow! I'm right there with you, but how do you get over a loss so quickly?
I play a lot of cards. A big part of playing is losing, and a big part of losing is variance - like when a 40% shooter from the left corner misses. If you're going to play you sort of have to accept that sometimes you do everything right and it's not enough for reasons outside of your control. All you can do is move on to the next play/game/match, try to make the right decision again, and have faith that the law of averages is on your side - if that 40% shooter keeps shooting from the left corner, he should start converting.

The way I look at it is I know our guys are talented and want to win. If they play the right way and lose, I figure the best thing is move on to the next one and have faith they'll stay on the right track. So.... trust the process?