Recruiting 2021 4* SF Ike Cornish: Closed

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Ike Cornish is another Philly/South Jersey Delaware Product who plays for Legacy Charter.

Ike entered the 2021 Rivals top 100 last week at #88.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
We don't do a half-ass job of recruiting. That is for sure. See Below.

!

"
I feel like Xavier and VCU are schools I definitely want to visit, and then also I want to visit DePaul,” said Cornish. “Since Maryland is close, I know I can get there as well as Georgetown.”

VCU is another school that has been very active in recruiting Cornish, and the Rams remain a major factor here.

“VCU, they didn’t offer me when I was at Dulaney, but offered me soon after,” said Cornish. “I went to a team camp a while back and saw their gym and all of that.”

Cornish continued about VCU, “They told me how they were going to recruit me. They aren’t going to talk every day, and they aren’t going to blow your phone up, but they are going to show they want you. I like that a lot. When a coach lets you know that, that means they are being honest. They keep in touch with me a lot, they come to whole games and don’t leave at halftime, and just show that I am one of their top targets.".

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
We don't do a half-ass job of recruiting. That is for sure. See Below.

!

"
I feel like Xavier and VCU are schools I definitely want to visit, and then also I want to visit DePaul,” said Cornish. “Since Maryland is close, I know I can get there as well as Georgetown.”

VCU is another school that has been very active in recruiting Cornish, and the Rams remain a major factor here.

“VCU, they didn’t offer me when I was at Dulaney, but offered me soon after,” said Cornish. “I went to a team camp a while back and saw their gym and all of that.”

Cornish continued about VCU, “They told me how they were going to recruit me. They aren’t going to talk every day, and they aren’t going to blow your phone up, but they are going to show they want you. I like that a lot. When a coach lets you know that, that means they are being honest. They keep in touch with me a lot, they come to whole games and don’t leave at halftime, and just show that I am one of their top targets.".
This is awesome. Just being honest, I dont have enough time to make habits of attending local sports, but I've invested a good amount of time and cash cacthing a good amount of games local and afar, seeing recruits when/if I can, and seen how a lot of these coaches make appearances and don't really pay attention, and yeah, leaving early which kinda puzzles me. They think the players don't notice it. They do, I notice these things. I went to a game recently to look at and support a local recruit. One of our staff was there, we greeted each other at halftime. He knows I do this when I can, contacted me for opinons a while back on a Keshawn prep game he was out of town for, wanted to know what I thought. He sat on this particular night watching nonstop (I watched him for his reactions a lot throughout the game), he wasnt on his phone nonstop which is more than I can say for most attending, even thought I am guessing a lot of them were actual family members and friends. Despite the dude next to him trying to chat with him a lot, he kept his attention on the game (also there to watch player I take it). This praticular coach waited all the way through honors, at the end of the game and all, when leaving put a peck on the cheek of his mom, who is a special person.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009

2021 Legacy Charter (SC) wing recently narrowed down his list of schools to eight.

Xavier, DePaul, Georgetown, VCU, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Clemson and George Washington were the eight considered before St. John’s reached out an extended an offer.

He’s since added them to his list of programs he is considering moving forward and he breaks them down with ScoopmanTV

VCU: VCU also been recruiting me for a little while now and they offered me months ago. They told me, ‘we not the type of school to just blow your phone up all the time, we are going to recruit you hard without being annoying,’ and I respect that, and liked it. So everytime they talk to me they mean what they say.