Recruiting 2021 Offers

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Unofficial visit to Louisville today. Does not appear to be a commitment at this time but as we know in the world of recruiting things can change on a dime.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Fortunately the staff doesn't give up the minute a P5 offers. IF we get Roose, it will be because he wants to stay home and his mom wants him here. We aren't out of it, but it has always been unlikely. Bacot never really wanted to stick around; Roose is a different kind of kid. We'll see

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
What about Efton?
Just seems like we have had a bunch of good players come out of Richmond lately and none have stayed. At some point you gotta land the top kids in your own city.

Reactions: Ramdog

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
What about Efton?
Just seems like we have had a bunch of good players come out of Richmond lately and none have stayed. At some point you gotta land the top kids in your own city.
Of the pair, Efton is much less likely than Roose, and Roose is unlikely. They both have multiple blueblood offers and will add more of those kinds of offers as the year progresses. I don't think anyone in VCU's league (back to Metro days) has signed a player at that level since Kendrick, and Kendrick wasn't 6'10". It going to have to be the edge case of all edge cases for us to sign a player like that. The only thing that will lead to that result is a kid (or kid's parents) who wants to stay home so badly they will pass up on a Kansas or a Duke to do it. It really isn't realistic for us to expect this kind of signing, or to mope if it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Kenny Williams chose VCU over UNC...he wasn’t top 50 but the head to head recruiting win was impressive. Just feel like at some point we’ve got to be able to tap in to the local elites.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Kenny Williams chose VCU over UNC...he wasn’t top 50 but the head to head recruiting win was impressive. Just feel like at some point we’ve got to be able to tap in to the local elites.
I disagree. Williams was a guard. The recruiting pool is (relatively) lousy with them. There are only a handful of people 6'10" and bigger, and all of the really top tier programs want them. Saying we have "got to" get those kids when they are from the area is expecting way, way too much. Might happen; probably won't.

What we can do is find the Larry Sanders/Obi Toppins through diligence and hard work, and then hope for the best. And give the occasional Roosevelt Wheeler our best efforts

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I disagree. Williams was a guard. The recruiting pool is (relatively) lousy with them. There are only a handful of people 6'10" and bigger, and all of the really top tier programs want them. Saying we have "got to" get those kids when they are from the area is expecting way, way too much. Might happen; probably won't.

What we can do is find the Larry Sanders/Obi Toppins through diligence and hard work, and then hope for the best. And give the occasional Roosevelt Wheeler our best efforts
Don't sleep on Hasan Ward. The ceiling is pretty high for this kid. Particularly after he gets a full summer at VCU this coming summer. This kid is going to blossom in the off-season.

Reactions: VCU74 and N Mollen

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
Yes, that's what I was talking about.
I don’t think anyone with a lick of sense is sleeping on Hasan.
/the what might have been, had the visa delay not happened , kinda drives me crazy. But- he’s here now, getting some time, showing flashes. I’m darn optimistic moving forward!

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Don't sleep on Hasan Ward. The ceiling is pretty high for this kid. Particularly after he gets a full summer at VCU this coming summer. This kid is going to blossom in the off-season.
And get him to drink lots of milkshakes 😊

Reactions: SWV