Recruiting 2021 Offers

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
The conference isn't the problem. You'll notice that Gonzaga recruits at this level every year and is in a far worse conference.
It's a pretty ridiculous statement that was only meant to troll/push a flawed/beaten agenda....

"The only difference between Stupidity and Genius is that Genius has limits"

Mar 2, 2014
The conference isn't the problem. You'll notice that Gonzaga recruits at this level every year and is in a far worse conference.
They play a much better out of conference schedule than we do and also have had the same coach for years. Just a little snippit below. If we played these games OOC we could probably land a few more. Pretty tough 5 out of 6 below.1590169940831.png1590169940831.png
1590169940831.png

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I think it is the conference as well, but that is just me. There are plenty of folks out there that think the A10 is perfect for us.
it just isn't a productive conversation. As much as I'd love it, we are not likely to be offered a spot in a better conference, and honestly we don't really need a better one. We just need to be better period. One hopes the 2020 class is a step in that direction. If we get back to going to the NCAAs 7 years straight and actually can win a game or two, we'll be fine where we are.

Boot Fordham though

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
They play a much better out of conference schedule than we do and also have had the same coach for years. Just a little snippit below. If we played these games OOC we could probably land a few more. Pretty tough 5 out of 6 below.View attachment 8500View attachment 8500
View attachment 8500
It's too bad we haven't had the same coach for 21 years. Any of our last 5 coaches are good enough. We are in a much better location and would probably have as many tourney deep runs by now. This is why Rhoades should stay like he claims he wants to.

Reactions: wavevcu
Mar 2, 2014
it just isn't a productive conversation. As much as I'd love it, we are not likely to be offered a spot in a better conference, and honestly we don't really need a better one. We just need to be better period. One hopes the 2020 class is a step in that direction. If we get back to going to the NCAAs 7 years straight and actually can win a game or two, we'll be fine where we are.

Boot Fordham though
And LaSalle unless they boot themselves because they run out of money.

Mar 2, 2014
But we just finished in 9th place in that mediocre conference. So we should jump to the AAC at the first chance we get? Are we mediocre or not?
I would rather finish 9th in the AAC or Big East than in the A10. So the answer is "yes", we should jump at any conference better than the A10 any chance we get.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
But we just finished in 9th place in that mediocre conference. So we should jump to the AAC at the first chance we get? Are we mediocre or not?
I am SO glad we never left for the AAC. That conference has always been held together by chewing gum, and with the travel expenses involved, coronavirus is going to kill it. I wonder if it will finish out 2020 as a going concern

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
I would rather finish 9th in the AAC or Big East than in the A10. So the answer is "yes", we should jump at any conference better than the A10 any chance we get.
We would've finished almost dead last in those conferences last season. That's not going to entice better talent to join us. It's only going to make things worse and make fans more impatient. And we play a fine enough OOC schedule now, and still can't get enough wins against it yet. We have played Michigan, Tennessee, LSU, WSU, an Elite 8 team, and a national champ over the last two years. Throwing the A10 aside, that's enough to make plenty of top talent want to come here and enough to improve the program.

Mar 2, 2014
We would've finished almost dead last in those conferences last season. That's not going to entice better talent to join us. It's only going to make things worse and make fans more impatient. And we play a fine enough OOC schedule now, and still can't get enough wins against it yet. We have played Michigan, Tennessee, LSU, WSU, an Elite 8 team, and a national champ over the last two years. Throwing the A10 aside, that's enough to make plenty of top talent want to come here and enough to improve the program.
I know man, you love the A10. As long as we can keep beating out George Mason, JMU and Radford for recruits, we will be just fine.