Recruiting 2021 Offers

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Not concerned that we may miss out on a kid not confident in his ability to earn playing time. Not like we are stocked with 4star players.

Reactions: Newboy

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
The kids we are (hopefully) targeting are likely choosing between us, our peers (like Dayton, Wichita St, Rhody, Cincy), and lower level P6s. “Path to playing time” is a huge factor......it’s likely how we got Ace, Watkins, MBJ, etc. Kids at that level (Top 200 or so) want to play, and generally right away, especially if they’re theoretically dropping down a level (A-10).......i.e. they have P6 opportunities as well. “Playing time and role” is probably the sales pitch and the likely differentiator.

Last edited:

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
The kids we are (hopefully) targeting are likely choosing between us, our peers (like Dayton, Wichita St, Rhody, Cincy), and lower level P6s. “Path to playing time” is a huge factor......it’s likely how we got Ace, Watkins, MBJ, etc. Kids at that level (Top 200 or so) want to play, and generally right away, especially if they’re theoretically dropping down a level (A-10).......i.e. they have P6 opportunities as well. “Playing time and role” is probably the sales pitch and the likely differentiator.
I would think (Hope) most kids that we want will look at our roster and have a line of sight to opportunity. If we over recruit the current roster so be it. we need to get better as quick as possible

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
Perfect example above. UR has 5 senior starters this upcoming yr. Tons of playing time up for grabs in the coming years. UR remains on his list as a result. More than likely, the other schools on his list will also have lots of minutes up for grabs right away. We likely won’t.

Going into 2021-22, we quite possibly could have 3-4 returning double figure scorers (from this upcoming season) and it’s possible that they’ll all have 2-3 more yrs to play.

The “path to playing time” is going to be dicey/muddled for any incoming VCU recruit for the next few yrs (unless we suffer a ton of attrition).

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Boys and girls, this would be a HUGE move forward for the program. Fingers crossed (and lets give this tweet a little VCU boost)

Among the college programs heavily involved? VCU, Providence, Hampton, CofC, UNCW, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and several others.

“All these schools and I communicate all the time just trying to build a relationship talking about how would fit in on and off the court,” Mading told Stockrisers.com.

. . . .

VCU, Providence, and Iowa’s virtual visits were similar in various ways, from showing me their style of play and how I would fit into their system, a lot about how fantastic their communities are, and the different facilities which are all amazing.”

“They also went more in-depth off the court as well as talking about how close knit everything is and telling me how I would also fit in academically as well as socially and athletically.”

Mading says his recruitment is ‘100%’ open and is looking forward to taking visits when campus visits begin once again. He says that VCU, Hampton, UNCW, Providence, and Wake Forest are the programs he’d like to get an in-person look at, along with others.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Boys and girls, this would be a HUGE move forward for the program. Fingers crossed (and lets give this tweet a little VCU boost)

Among the college programs heavily involved? VCU, Providence, Hampton, CofC, UNCW, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and several others.

“All these schools and I communicate all the time just trying to build a relationship talking about how would fit in on and off the court,” Mading told Stockrisers.com.

. . . .

VCU, Providence, and Iowa’s virtual visits were similar in various ways, from showing me their style of play and how I would fit into their system, a lot about how fantastic their communities are, and the different facilities which are all amazing.”

“They also went more in-depth off the court as well as talking about how close knit everything is and telling me how I would also fit in academically as well as socially and athletically.”

Mading says his recruitment is ‘100%’ open and is looking forward to taking visits when campus visits begin once again. He says that VCU, Hampton, UNCW, Providence, and Wake Forest are the programs he’d like to get an in-person look at, along with others.
Yes!!!

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017

"
This kid Beadle, I think he's got some stuff to him.

I did more than just watch highlights on him, but the reel below should be enough for anybody to understand why I'm intrigued with him and see him as a guy who needs to break into the next 2021 Rivals150. With room to spare.

He's explosive, he isn't afraid to rise up from deep and he has a feel for making the right play. Look at what he does at around the 1:09 mark on the highlight reel that is at the bottom of the story. He blows by a defender going to his strong (left) hand help comes. He's athletic enough that he probably could have finished at the rim or drawn a foul. But instead of forcing things he finds a wide open teammate with a crisp pass right into the breadbasket for an open three. To me, that's not a play a lot of high school kids make and seeing him do things like that regularly along with his ability to score and athleticism makes him an easy high major target in my eyes."