Recruiting 2021 Offers

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Was watching some full game of Langston Wilson. He was playing the top of the trapping 1-3-1 half court D and second level of what looked like a 2-2-1 full court trapping press. Super long and athletic. Could benefit from some strengthening/weight as he get pushed around down low on the block, but he seems like he could add it. He comes in at the 29:00 min mark of the video. Really wouldn’t hate him being a Ram. The team they are playing is garbage, but it’s something. A nice block and dunk, another dunk. Right within his 1st few min. Comes back in 10 min later and has another great alley oop dunk. So confirmed, he is athletic and can dunk.

Last edited:

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Was watching some full game of Langston Wilson. He was playing the top of the trapping 1-3-1 half court D and second level of what looked like a 2-2-1 full court trapping press. Super long and athletic. Could benefit from some strengthening/weight as he get pushed around down low on the block, but he seems like he could add it. He comes in at the 29:00 min mark of the video. Wouldn’t hate him being a Ram. The team they are playing is garbage, but it’s something.
HUGE upside but something of an unknown quantity. Didn't play HS ball, has medical issues, which I suppose explain his frailty. But he has size and wingspan for days and is crazy athletic. If he didn't have those question marks Coach Cal would be calling

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
HUGE upside but something of an unknown quantity. Didn't play HS ball, has medical issues, which I suppose explain his frailty. But he has size and wingspan for days and is crazy athletic. If he didn't have those question marks Coach Cal would be calling
Didn’t play high school?? Wow. Watching him move in the full game vs watching him move in the social media posts this summer, it does seem like he is already stronger and more fit. Hopefully he’s healthy enough to play college ball.

edit: was web-searching. There was a Jake Wilson from Bonner-Prendie (Langston J. Wilson’s high school). 2018 graduate who was diagnosed as a freshman with Marfan Syndrome. Never played in high school. Thinking it’s him.

Last edited:

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Didn’t play high school?? Wow. Watching him move in the full game vs watching him move in the social media posts this summer, it does seem like he is already stronger and more fit. Hopefully he’s healthy enough to play college ball
He says he is. The condition is serious (Marfans). You have to assume he and his parents have gotten the best possible medical advice. If I can find it I'll post an interview with him. A very personable and intelligent young man. He'd be an asset to the program in every way.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
He says he is. The condition is serious (Marfans). You have to assume he and his parents have gotten the best possible medical advice. If I can find it I'll post an interview with him. A very personable and intelligent young man. He'd be an asset to the program in every way.
I found it and edited my last post

Reactions: N Mollen

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Now THAT is a list of schools....honestly, Columbia at $74,000 a year (around 300K for 4 years) would cause me to reeeaaaalllly think hard.

also....Did You Know Fordham goes for a little over 70K per year?? wow...
Do the Ivies give scholarships for atheletes?

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Do the Ivies give scholarships for atheletes?
I feel like I once had this knowledge, but lost it thru the rigors of time, age, and ganja use in the 90's/2000's....

"Ivy League schools provide financial aid to students, including athletes, only on the basis of financial need as determined by each institution’s Financial Aid Office. There are no academic or athletic scholarships in the Ivy League. A coach may assist a prospective student-athlete to obtain an estimated financial aid award, however only the Financial Aid Office has the authority to determine financial aid awards and to notify students officially of their actual or estimated awards."

• Haha
Reactions: Violet Ram