Recruiting 2021 Offers

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
We went from "I think we got him"

To this

F***king Alcorn State and Cal State Bakersfield make his top 10 but not VCU 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

@N Mollen keep your history lessons to yourself next time genius
So much to unpack here. First, if a single twitter user can dissuade a prospect, I find it hard to imagine that Mollen was the most negative post from a fan on the twittersphere. He didn't attack Bones, he didn't say racism doesn't exist, but rather suggested that, while it may feel like an all-time high, racism was significantly worse earlier in America's history. I am sure that you could find a actual vitriol being slung by a fan of each of those team's (and even ours) on Twitter. That doesn't mean those schools are racist institutions; it means large organizations often have people of different opinions, even unpopular ones.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, you are attacking someone who is part of the VCU community while simultaneously quoting a post by Langston saying he wants the community to support and treat each other like family. I hope the irony isn't lost on you.

Finally, has already chosen. He's announcing THIS WEEK. Yes, I'm disappointed he's not coming here. But I'm not upset about not making a gratuitous final 9 also-rans list.

AND-- I'm not saying we should be engaging and correcting players on twitter. I just find it equally appalling that you decided to drag this up and attempt to pin losing out on a recruit on Mollen for an innocuous post. Mollen, from what I can tell since I can't speak for him, does support our players, their well-being, and willing to engage on social issues important to them.

Aug 29, 2020
Langston saying he wants the community to support and treat each other like family. I hope the irony isn't lost on you.

lmao what? Read it again and try harder: "They be talking to themselves family they not us so they’ll never understand what it ya to be us in this position"

He's calling Bones "family" like fam/bro. Let me rephrase so you don't misunderstand and twist words again: "They're talking to themselves bro. They're not like us so they'll never understand what it means to be in our position." Understand? I hope that wasn't lost on you.

Do you seriously think Bones, Langston or any kid cares about the difference between N Mollen and Brenda? Nah they're just some fans that show fake love. Bones is right y'all wild 🤦🏾‍♂️

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
lmao what? Read it again and try harder: "They be talking to themselves family they not us so they’ll never understand what it ya to be us in this position"

He's calling Bones "family" like fam/bro. Let me rephrase so you don't misunderstand and twist words again: "They're talking to themselves bro. They're not like us so they'll never understand what it means to be in our position." Understand? I hope that wasn't lost on you.

Do you seriously think Bones, Langston or any kid cares about the difference between N Mollen and Brenda? Nah they're just some fans that show fake love. Bones is right y'all wild 🤦🏾‍♂️

I abhor that you think I don't want the best for Bones, VCU athletes, or any VCU student for that matter. Nothing can be further from the truth (I would use I bleed black and gold here, but something tells me you'd accuse me of showing 'fake love'). I also think Bones should be able to speak his mind. But at the same time, I don't think it's inappropriate to call out a member of the community when they point out when one of our players is perhaps misguided on history.

Under your world-view, there's no difference between a Bonesde4al/Mollen/Brenda/Karen because we're not them. The stories from John Lewis, Du Bois, or John Brown would also ring hollow since they haven't shared common experiences with Bones or Langston. That's unappealing to me, and isn't how a community should act. A community is about support, being receptive to learn from each other, and growing from each others' experiences.

You seem to be operating under the impression that our players can do no wrong, or at the very least, we shouldn't contradict them as we either lack common history or risk alienating them. While I hope this never comes to fruition, but would you stay silent if we had a player espousing racist and anti-Semitic views? Personally, I hope the VCU community would engage such a student, and try to dissuade them from their opinions by offering facts and narratives from an alternative perspective.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I abhor that you think I don't want the best for Bones, VCU athletes, or any VCU student for that matter. Nothing can be further from the truth (I would use I bleed black and gold here, but something tells me you'd accuse me of showing 'fake love'). I also think Bones should be able to speak his mind. But at the same time, I don't think it's inappropriate to call out a member of the community when they point out when one of our players is perhaps misguided on history.

Under your world-view, there's no difference between a Bonesde4al/Mollen/Brenda/Karen because we're not them. The stories from John Lewis, Du Bois, or John Brown would also ring hollow since they haven't shared common experiences with Bones or Langston. That's unappealing to me, and isn't how a community should act. A community is about support, being receptive to learn from each other, and growing from each others' experiences.

You seem to be operating under the impression that our players can do no wrong, or at the very least, we shouldn't contradict them as we either lack common history or risk alienating them. While I hope this never comes to fruition, but would you stay silent if we had a player espousing racist and anti-Semitic views? Personally, I hope the VCU community would engage such a student, and try to dissuade them from their opinions by offering facts and narratives from an alternative perspective.

Bra-Fu#kin-o!!!!

Post of the Year!!!!!!

Reactions: SpiderRAM
Aug 29, 2020

Straw man arguments. How TF you know my world view from a few posts? Are you a mind reader? You think you're Professor X or something? lmao I didn't even mention you. But here you are on your high horse trying to give a lecture. Take that somewhere else and google "whitesplain." And I ain't attack him you're just soft 😂

Back to my original point. VCU was in the running for Langston. Bones got major pull and was a big part of Ace and Jamir committing. No, one tweet or person didn't single handedly affect Langston but pay attention. You think players just randomly decided to speak up about a few bad apples? For God's sake some of y'all were piling on Marcus' family friend a while back

News flash they're not the only ones that feel that way. I know Bones and with what he's been through he ain't entertaining BS. Delaware got his back and he knows it.

I know a lot of VCU fans show genuine support but look at it from Bones' perspective. Mollen's tweet. Then Brenda's tweet. Next thing you got a whole sh*tshow. Good ones get lumped with the bad. He ain't sitting at a desk compartmentalizing which profile pic/username is good and bad. If someone gets into an accident and they weren't wearing a seat belt, you don't immediately start explaining seat belt safety and it's history. Yeah Bones tweet wasn't HiStoRicALLy AcCurRAte but anyone with an ounce of self awareness knows it's not the time and place.

Anyway y'all got a squad this year. Young but a lot of upside. Langston's a great kid but it is what it is. Rhoades is a good man

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
in light of the one year extension, we might be waiting a while. I mean are we guaranteed Corey and Levi will leave? In all seriousness, I expect us to have commits but there are questions now.
It has to be mutual. And I very much doubt Levi will want to stay another year. He's, what, 36?

Reactions: Newboy