Recruiting 2021 Offers

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I'm feeling Jalen to VCU. Would be a GREAT, not a good, snag. UGA, Clemson, Ole Miss, S. Car., K State, Houston . . . that is a high quality sheet.

Reactions: Ramlove81

VCU74

Top Member
May 29, 2017
I'm feeling Jalen to VCU. Would be a GREAT, not a good, snag. UGA, Clemson, Ole Miss, S. Car., K State, Houston . . . that is a high quality sheet.
Yes, yes it is. Been following him for a while and tweeted a reply to his retweet of the announcement message so that about covers my SM love;)

Reactions: N Mollen

DisplacedRam

Top Member
Insider
Mar 21, 2017
yeah I don't get the "sky is falling" folks. There are still some big time ballers out there that have yet to commit. Why don't we judge the recruiting class when it is actually completed, not before.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Recruitment: Offers from Georgia, Houston, Kansas State, Mississippi, South Carolina and VCU..

Why he could rise: For one, there simply aren’t many high-major quality big men left out there. Second, as a post-grad guy, Deloach’s added maturity is a benefit. He has the ability to play from inside out and is an elastic athlete who rebounds and has defensive versatility. He’s got a lot of momentum headed into the 2020-21 season.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012

Jalen DeLoach has made the most of this unique travel season. After a really strong senior season at Berkmar High School (Lilburn, Ga.) where he averaged 15 points and 10 rebounds per game in helping the Patriots win a region championship, he’s carried that over into a productive summer with Team Huncho. His recruitment has picked up two as he now holds scholarship offers from Georgia, Ole Miss and most recently added an offer from Rick Pitino’s staff at Iona.

However, he still plans to do a post-grad year at The Skill Factory in Atlanta to elevate his stock even more. “I just turned 18 in April, so I’m a little young for my class. My dad and I talked about it and decided it would be best for me to do a prep year and get better.” South Carolina could be the next school to offer DeLoach. The Gamecocks staff has been tracking him since his time at Gray Collegiate Academy.

Reactions: DisplacedRam

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
yeah I don't get the "sky is falling" folks. There are still some big time ballers out there that have yet to commit. Why don't we judge the recruiting class when it is actually completed, not before.
Nobody thinks the sky is falling but it's also not normal to not have a commit with the next season starting in 4 weeks. Course, it's not a normal year, but I'd be lying if I said I was a fan of how the recruiting class looked after completion the last time this staff had to scramble to fill it.

Reactions: Ramdog
Mar 2, 2014

Recruitment: Offers from Georgia, Houston, Kansas State, Mississippi, South Carolina and VCU..

Why he could rise: For one, there simply aren’t many high-major quality big men left out there. Second, as a post-grad guy, Deloach’s added maturity is a benefit. He has the ability to play from inside out and is an elastic athlete who rebounds and has defensive versatility. He’s got a lot of momentum headed into the 2020-21 season.
I would be surprised if we are any higher than 4th on that list.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Nobody thinks the sky is falling but it's also not normal to not have a commit with the next season starting in 4 weeks. Course, it's not a normal year, but I'd be lying if I said I was a fan of how the recruiting class looked after completion the last time this staff had to scramble to fill it.
Agree with both points. We were down to the wire with some really high level recruits and bombed. Pushed things very late. And late grabs can be disastrous/borderline (or they can be Melvin). For no specific reason I feel really good about Deloach. That would make me feel a lot better.

I am less confident about Rose, who I know others have the feels for. I think (know) NC State and Louisville are working him hard, and beating two ACC programs with big bags head to head for a true 5 with an elite sheet . . . daunting.

I do think that his injury works in our favor. Not that I'd wish that on anyone, but I think it might underscore the advantage of rehabbing and then playing in front of his fam.

Reactions: 2012Ram