Recruiting 2021 Offers

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
To be honest, if he signed a LOI Howard should not let him off the hook (unless there has been a major change....coaching change for example....with the program.
Also, at 6'9" and 190 lbs, I don't expect he will get a lot of game time if he chooses a P5 program unless that program is devoid of centers/forwards. He might end up on the transfer list after a year of riding pine.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
6-2, great shooter, top 100ish recruit with offers from Georgetown Illinois Xavier Georgia and more. Slurp

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
I think we may now be looking for a point guard or at least looking just incase. In the case that Tre can't come back, hopefully that's not the case, and if Bones decides for the NBA, there will be lots of minutes available right away. That could be a pull. All speculation at this point. But I can see why the staff would be trying to get in with some good point guards at this point. he looks like a good one.

Just saw that Tre is leaving. Sorry I hadn't seen that before posting. Too bad, just reinforces you have to be building relationships and offering all the time. Everything may be stable this week and then next week, who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: LQuarles and cabell

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
You'd have to think we are underdogs for Banks at this point, but:

1. We apparently have a relationship with people close to him;
2. It is very late in the season;
3. we suddenly have many minutes to fill (even more if Bones heads to the NBA); and
4. There is at least some reason to doubt that MR would toss in an offer at this point without some indication that it would be genuinely considered.

Obviously we are shopping again, and at the bougie specialty grocer, not Aldi's.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
I think at this point it's very likely that we add two more backcourt recruits to the 21 class...or 1 and maybe seek out a grad transfer or immediately eligible transfer.

Reactions: cabell

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I think at this point it's very likely that we add two more backcourt recruits to the 21 class...or 1 and maybe seek out a grad transfer or immediately eligible transfer.
Hmm. Already have one, and I suspect we will look to backfill Tre (/Bones?), but I doubt we would want to fill any additional spot with a guard.

Anyway, I think timing may work in our favor with Blakes, but if MR lands him, the staff deserves a parade.

Reactions: cabell

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Hmm. Already have one, and I suspect we will look to backfill Tre (/Bones?), but I doubt we would want to fill any additional spot with a guard.

Anyway, I think timing may work in our favor with Blakes, but if MR lands him, the staff deserves a parade.
Blakes would be a grand slam.

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
If bizzy goes pro, our guards go immediately from a position of strength to a huge weakness. Yes we’ll have ace, but that’s it. Kern is a 6’5 G/F, but we would need need need another ball handler