Recruiting 2021 Offers

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
After watching the local bigs last night with Duke and Carolina I am pretty happy with who we have in Ward and our new recruit.

Definitely not a knock on Ward, but I'm not sure I would say that about Bacot. Bacot is leading UNC in scoring at 12.1 ppg and also is pulling down 7.4 rebounds per game playing in the ACC. VCU doesn't have a big man with stats anywhere close to those stats.

Reactions: Ramdog

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
Definitely not a knock on Ward, but I'm not sure I would say that about Bacot. Bacot is leading UNC in scoring at 12.1 ppg and also is pulling down 7.4 rebounds per game playing in the ACC. VCU doesn't have a big man with stats anywhere close to those stats.
Ward is still coming into his own. He has really strengthened his rebound and is great with dunks and putbacks. But needs to work on making/getting his own shots when outside of dunk range. Still kind of weak with the hook shot. But I've seen a lot of growth since last season as well as growth over this season.....and he is getting better at not fouling. And we still have the guy for another 2 or even 3 years

Reactions: cabell

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

Qudus Wahab has similar numbers at Georgetown but neither wahab nor bacot have the lateral quickness or defensive anticipation to cover a screen and roll to save their lives.

This is probably the reason Bacon will never see the light of day.

Therein lies the problem. Ward is much better suited for our system than either of the other two aforementioned centers.

Now, if Rhoades decides to permanently mix in some 2-3 zone and more half court man 2 man with less pressing..