Recruiting 2021 Offers

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

One his recruitment re-opened, it didn’t take for schools to come his way and send an offer, as he added offers from Mississippi State, Arizona State, and VCU a few days after.

“My thoughts on those offers are all great because those are all schools I would consider,” Nunn told Phenom Hoops. “When those coaches offered, they all said something in common and that was that I fit get in their program and their style of play.”

“What stood out mostly (about those programs) was their fanbase and coaching staff. The head coaches from each school were the first to reach out to me before the assistants did.

Mar 23, 2021
I think we would be a good fit for Nunn, and compared to Miss st. and ASU we have a much much better basketball program overall. Hopefully, this should be an easy decision for him if those are the only schools trying to recruit him.

Reactions: N Mollen

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I think we would be a good fit for Nunn, and compared to Miss st. and ASU we have a much much better basketball program overall. Hopefully, this should be an easy decision for him if those are the only schools trying to recruit him.

Ben Howland coaches Mississippi State and Bobby Hurley coaches ASU. Neither program is chopped liver. Not so sure VCU's program is much better than either of those programs. VCU has had its own issues the last several years. Mike Rhoades seems to have the VCU program headed in the right direction, but they aren't there yet. VCU needs to P5 victories and also make it to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament before they can realistically say they are much better than Mississippi State and ASU.

t23e3

Top Member
Nov 25, 2020
Ben Howland coaches Mississippi State and Bobby Hurley coaches ASU. Neither program is chopped liver. Not so sure VCU's program is much better than either of those programs. VCU has had its own issues the last several years. Mike Rhoades seems to have the VCU program headed in the right direction, but they aren't there yet. VCU needs to P5 victories and also make it to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament before they can realistically say they are much better than Mississippi State and ASU.
I'm biased of course, But I think objectively we're definitely a much better program that MSST and ASU. neither school has had significant success or even won their conference in a very long time.

Reactions: Ramdog and acesrush

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm biased of course, But I think objectively we're definitely a much better program that MSST and ASU. neither school has had significant success or even won their conference in a very long time.

A. They are also in much tougher conferences.
B. VCU has only one the A-10 Championship once since joining in 2012. Last year, VCU finished 8th in the A-10. Mike Rhoades has been at VCU 4 years now.
C. Mississippi State just lost in the NIT Championship game. They have won 20 or more games 3 out of the last 4 years, with this year being the exception. Ben Howland has been there 6 years now.
ASU has also won 20 or more games 3 out of the last 4 years, with this year being the exception. In the two years prior to this year, ASU finished in the top 3 of the PAC12. Bobby Hurley has also been there 6 years now.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
C. Mississippi State just lost in the NIT Championship game. They have won 20 or more games 3 out of the last 4 years, with this year being the exception. Ben Howland has been there 6 years now.
They lost to memphis by 13 and barely beat Richmond with 3 starters out. VCU beat Richmond by 12 and Memphis by 11.

Nuff said.

Jan 15, 2020
A. They are also in much tougher conferences.
B. VCU has only one the A-10 Championship once since joining in 2012. Last year, VCU finished 8th in the A-10. Mike Rhoades has been at VCU 4 years now.
ASU has also won 20 or more games 3 out of the last 4 years, with this year being the exception. In the two years prior to this year, ASU finished in the top 3 of the PAC12. Bobby Hurley has also been there 6 years now.

You are correct. They do play in a tougher conferences..... Which means they should be accomplishing more come March because they have been battle tested and it’s way easier to get into the tournament. They shouldn’t be chugging away in the NIT. The rest of the SEC seems to put it together. Same with the Pac12.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
They lost to memphis by 13 and barely beat Richmond with 3 starters out. VCU beat Richmond by 12 and Memphis by 11.

Nuff said.

They also beat Missouri, Florida and Saint Louis. VCU also beat a different Memphis team the third game of the season and beat fur at the Stu. Memphis went 15-4 after starting the season 5-4. Come on @duncanlamb, you're better than that. :roll:

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
I would say that about 80% of the big men/Centers we have recruited over the last 4-5 years who opted for the show stopper P5 programs are all back out on the transfer market with little to show for their P5 experience.