Recruiting 2021 Offers

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

Keep an eye mo njie. 2021 big target. Was 6'9 2 years ago when vcu offered. He is now between 6-10 and 6-11. He played prep in florida at dme academy. The entire coaching staff is still following him

He just got offered by the bonnies

He is a big who plays every inch his size.

He has good hands , gets great post posittion, good defensive instincts, good shot blocker. Perfect for big B.

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014

Keep an eye mo njie. 2021 big target. Was 6'9 2 years ago when vcu offered. He is now between 6-10 and 6-11. He played prep in florida at dme academy. The entire coaching staff is still following him

He just got offered by the bonnies

He is a big who plays every inch his size.

He has good hands , gets great post posittion, good defensive instincts, good shot blocker. Perfect for big B.
Don't let us down on this one DL. This is right up your alley.

Reactions: Ramlove81

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Camaryn Carter.'21 out of power house Oak Hill has announcement forth coming.

We have not offered but brent scott and cam are following each other.

The kid is a vastly underrated 3* explosive lg who fills the stat sheet on both ends of the floor. He is battle tested against the high levels of high school/prep competition in the country.

Hailing from Louisiana, the explosive 6-foot-3 combo guard from the class of 2021 has had many big time outings for Oak Hill this season. Also, it isn't exactly like he arrived in Virginia as an unknown. During the summer of 2020, Carter landed offers from programs like Georgetown, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Virginia Tech among others. But, things quieted down during the fall and early winter and because of that Carter decided to reboot his recruitment just as he is starting to put up impressive numbers.

There were some schools that offered me a while ago but kind of stopped recruiting me," Carter told 247Sports. "Basically I’m starting over from scratch.

“It’s going well. I’m staying prayed up because I know that God is coming through to help the breakthrough.”

This kid seems to fit the rhoades "on the down" recruiting surprise ala Clarke, McAliister, Ward, Deloach and Kern". A vastly underrated player with a chip on his shoulder whom vcu swoops in and snatches from other schools.

The kid fit plays is fast end to end, explosive, relentless on the defense and creative getting to the bucket. He is the type of kid who would take 20+ minutes left open by clarke and provide vcu the extra scoring bunch off the bench at that position.

....just feels like a typical Mike Rhoades surprise..

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Camryn Carter.'21 out of power house Oak Hill has announcement forth coming.
I watched all the videos and I really like what I see. Great motor, excellent range, plays very stingy defense. Kind of reminds me of Tre Clark. Seems to play better than his rating, not unlike some other players we've recruited recently. It's a bit of a shame we haven't offered him, especially since we lost Clark.

Reactions: Ramlove81

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
I watched all the videos and I really like what I see. Great motor, excellent range, plays very stingy defense. Kind of reminds me of Tre Clark. Seems to play better than his rating, not unlike some other players we've recruited recently. It's a bit of a shame we haven't offered him, especially since we lost Clark.
He told rivals that he had to reset his recruiting due to the pandemic. All his p5 offers stopped calling just when he was playing his best bball. Scott and cam are following each other

Clarke, Deloach, Kern, MacAllister, Banks and Ward were not even on our verbal commits offer lists the day they committed to VCU so who knows?

I am hoping this falls in the same category.

Reactions: N Mollen

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Camaryn Carter.'21 out of power house Oak Hill has announcement forth coming.

We have not offered but brent scott and cam are following each other.

The kid is a vastly underrated 3* explosive lg who fills the stat sheet on both ends of the floor. He is battle tested against the high levels of high school/prep competition in the country.

Hailing from Louisiana, the explosive 6-foot-3 combo guard from the class of 2021 has had many big time outings for Oak Hill this season. Also, it isn't exactly like he arrived in Virginia as an unknown. During the summer of 2020, Carter landed offers from programs like Georgetown, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Virginia Tech among others. But, things quieted down during the fall and early winter and because of that Carter decided to reboot his recruitment just as he is starting to put up impressive numbers.

There were some schools that offered me a while ago but kind of stopped recruiting me," Carter told 247Sports. "Basically I’m starting over from scratch.

“It’s going well. I’m staying prayed up because I know that God is coming through to help the breakthrough.”

This kid seems to fit the rhoades "on the down" recruiting surprise ala Clarke, McAliister, Ward, Deloach and Kern". A vastly underrated player with a chip on his shoulder whom vcu swoops in and snatches from other schools.

The kid fit plays is fast end to end, explosive, relentless on the defense and creative getting to the bucket. He is the type of kid who would take 20+ minutes left open by clarke and provide vcu the extra scoring bunch off the bench at that position.

....just feels like a typical Mike Rhoades surprise..
Would be nice, can't imagine why this kid isn't at least 4*. He could fill a lot of our needs right away. Swoop coach, swoop!